Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,072 Posts
Missing some information between your last two messages, as to where you got the cable and program from, etc.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sorry, i emailed everyone in this thread who said they had luck w/ resetting their light and Arjen emailed me back w/ the step by step and program. i found the cables on Amazon. i did a search for alfa 3 pin and i was able to find the cables and had them in my hands 3 days later.

Amazon.com: OBD OBD2 16 Pin Connector Diagnostic Adapter for FIAT 3 Pin: Electronics

Amazon.com: OBD2 OBD II Diagnostic USB Cable For KKL409.1 VAG-COM 409: Electronics

does anyone know if i can do anything else with these cables? can i read parameters and errors on the motronic?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am another one of those happy guys who were able to diagnose the Airbag fault on a 1994 164 V6 24V Q4.
After repair I could reset the Airbag ECU and make the dashboard error signal go away.

All this was done with Dimtey's program and with Arjen's (164TD) instructions.

Many many thanks to both of them

Helli
--------------
164 Q4

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hello,

Can someone email me the program and instructions if they have to my email id? I need to check on my blinking airbag light.

thanks,
-Pavan.

·
Premium Member
27,158 Posts
Hello,

Can someone email me the program and instructions if they have to my email id? I need to check on my blinking airbag light.

thanks,
-Pavan.
Send a PM to folks listed above this thread who have done it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As there where a lot of problems with disconnecting and errors that caused kwpdiag/unidiag to crash and no support, i decided to create my own from scratch.
Many thanks to Dimtey/164TD for finding the Airbag trick, so it was easy for me to implement that in my program aswell.
It's not completely finished but closing in :)
Here some screenshots
in the last picture with the airbag, there's "counter" which was wrong ;)
That's fixed now aswell as implementing the errorcodes that belong to the errornumbers :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Respect, Wilco!

;)

·
Registered
853 Posts
I was able to reset the airbag light using Wilco's software (thanks again Wilco). The error code its showing is fault at steering wheel squib (short to VBatt), how can I repair this?

thanks

·
Premium Member
27,158 Posts
I was able to reset the airbag light using Wilco's software (thanks again Wilco). The error code its showing is fault at steering wheel squib (short to VBatt), how can I repair this?

thanks
So did you get air bag light to reset if so air bag squib fault code is gone?

If light did not reset then code still exists. If so with ignition switch key OFF, remove air bag from steering wheel using Torx 27 tip or T27 screwdriver. There are two T27 screws hidden in holes in backside of wheel.

Once air bag free of wheel, disconnect orange tipped cable from air bag squib inspect/clean and then reconnect. Reinstall air bag and turn on key if light flashes and stays on rerun software test to see if code will clear and light stays out.

Report your findings/results.

·
Registered
853 Posts
So did you get air bag light to reset if so air bag squib fault code is gone?

Report your findings/results.
Yes, its gone, but I thought that I should fix it since it appeared in first place. Well, but you are right, I will get to it if the code appears again.

thanks

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
could be the

100K mile airbag check. Did the airbag light come on close to 100K miles on the car or is it recent?

·
Registered
853 Posts
100K mile airbag check. Did the airbag light come on close to 100K miles on the car or is it recent?
Its resent, like at around 140K and it has close to 141K now.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I removed the steering wheel airbag and removed and reconnected the orange connector and put back everything and turned on the key and the error is till there. Is there anything else I can do to resovle this error? Its still showing "Error at steering wheel squib - Short circuit to +VBatt", not sure how to resolve this.

thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
The error code stays in the Airbag-ECU memory untill it is deleted (reset) vie the Marelli Tester or via Wilco'/Dempty's computer method.

Only when the error signal stays active despite the reset, then the malfunction is still there.

Helli

·
Registered
853 Posts
The error code stays in the Airbag-ECU memory untill it is deleted (reset) vie the Marelli Tester or via Wilco'/Dempty's computer method.

Only when the error signal stays active despite the reset, then the malfunction is still there.

Helli
Sorry for not mentioning, but I did reset it after I reinstalled the airbag using Wilco's software. Turned the car off and then ON and the error came back on with Wilco's software reading as "Error Still Existing" under status.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Those clocksprings have the tendency to break. Did you measure the wiring?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Those clocksprings have the tendency to break. Did you measure the wiring?
How can I measure the wiring? Is it in the service manual? Are you talking about the 'tongue spring' that is shown in the service manual?

thanks

41 - 60 of 81 Posts