1990 164QV Euro spec & 1991 168B
28,538 Posts
Great info, thanks for posting.

·
28,538 Posts
HOW!!

Onealfanut
So what type model series and year is the kind of 164 do you have? That is a need to know bit of info when posting questions.

·
28,538 Posts
Hello,

Can someone email me the program and instructions if they have to my email id? I need to check on my blinking airbag light.

thanks,
-Pavan.
Send a PM to folks listed above this thread who have done it.

·
28,538 Posts
I was able to reset the airbag light using Wilco's software (thanks again Wilco). The error code its showing is fault at steering wheel squib (short to VBatt), how can I repair this?

thanks
So did you get air bag light to reset if so air bag squib fault code is gone?

If light did not reset then code still exists. If so with ignition switch key OFF, remove air bag from steering wheel using Torx 27 tip or T27 screwdriver. There are two T27 screws hidden in holes in backside of wheel.

Once air bag free of wheel, disconnect orange tipped cable from air bag squib inspect/clean and then reconnect. Reinstall air bag and turn on key if light flashes and stays on rerun software test to see if code will clear and light stays out.

Report your findings/results.

·
28,538 Posts
My airbag light came on after the car had stood for a few months while replacing heater matrix and starter motor. If I replace the airbag CPU will this be enough to reset things?

Richard
1995 164 3.0 24v
That would depend on condition of ECU you install.

It would be best to find somebody with Marelli tester and air bag cartridge to reset your ECU fault code if system sound or follow Dimtey's process.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.