Alfa Romeo Forums banner

241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Last data I have (3 years ago)
750.33-103. Car delivered to SCAR, Alfa Romeo dealer for Florence and Tuscany. Used for road and hill-climb competitions (Spartaco Dini & Guido Nicolai). Slightly lightened for racing purposes, with fixed windows and without sound isolation. Later sold in Germany and used by Weber, Fischhaber and other drivers. Sold to the Kaus collection (Rosso-Bianco Museum) and finally to Louwman collection in the Netherlands. Probably restored (Paul Grist?) and fitted with air conditioning and four exhaust pipes, winding windows and two rear mirrors on top of each front fender.
I'm sorry but this is wrong. 103 is not the SCAR Stradale and NOT in the Louwman museum but with a private individual...

·
Registered
37 Posts
So 104 Clive Joy, he sold it 2 years ago
110 Albert Spiess
113 Auriana Lawrence
111 in Japan with the 01 prototype
102 French collector i don't know the name
101 i think Lucas Laureys.
Do you know where is The 33 in the Rosso Bianco Museum??
A few wrong things... see my latest post...

·
Registered
37 Posts
By the way the so-called Stradale 107 in New Zealand with Alfista Bill Clark (who owned Tipo B Monoposto 50005) was in fact a T33/2 75033*007, that was since then restored back to T33/2 specs and sold by Simon Kidston.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I haven't been back in this thread for a long time but since then I have been in contact with a few important people who know these cars whether they are friends of owners, dealers, historians and other insiders, including Franco Scaglione's daugther, a dear friend of mine. I can tell the following information about the "known" 33 Stradales.

Prototypes:
10533*01: first prototype shown at the 1967 Monza Sports Car Show, late August 1997. Now in private collection in Japan ( a good Japanese friend of mine is the friend of the owner and from him I reveived recent photos, which I cannot post as per privacy.

10533*12: second prototype build as a "corsa" version of the Stradale with aluminium riveted chassis and aluminium body, now in the Museo Storico. This car was completed in 1968 by Franco Scaglione at Marazzi and car was exhibited at the Alec Mildren stand at the International Motor Racing and Sports Car Show, Exhibition Building, in Melbourne from June 6-14, 1969 and in Sydney from June 27 to July 5. Link to the facebook post here: Chanh Lê Huy. This is definitive proof that, it is not a "modern replica" built in the 1970's

Production cars:
Chassis 75033*101: first build and only production Stradale completed by Franco Scaglione at Marrazzi. The car was purchased new by big Alfista Henry Wessels III when new at Autodelta. It was for a long time in the care of my friend Keith Goring and is now in a private Belgian collection. Keith confirmed that it has an aluminium body and steel chassis. it also has it's original paint.

Chassis 75033*103: This Stradale went to Alfa Romeo Germany and was raced by, amongst others Anton Fischhaber. It was at a time at the Rosso Bianco collection (without engine), and also with my friend Chris Mann who did not keep her for a long time. It was also a "competition" spec Stradale with aluminium body and minimal interior. It is now converted to "lusso" spec with full leather interior, winding windows and even air conditioning. It now has a genuine 33 competition 2.5 litre engine. It resides in the Netherlands.

Chassis 75033*104: Ex Pietro Brigato car, well known as the one that won best of show at Villa d'Este in 2010 (Clive Joy). this car was traded by Simon Kidston to Clive Joy...

Chassis 75033*105 (?), not certain of the chassis number but have been given hints by my contacts. This Stradale is the 1968 Geneva motor show car and the Marazzi brochure car. It was in the Lucchini collection and has been seen as late as 2016 being maintained in Italy.

Chassis 75033*106 Ex Pietro Laureati car, I have been in contact with his son Paolo. I have been confirmed by one of my source that this car is in Japan?

Chassis 75033*110 Ex Giovanni Palombo Car, this car caused a sensasion at 2018 Villa d'Este when Albert Spiess showed her to the public for the first time in a long while and won the Coppa d'Oro

Chassis 75033*111 Ex Corrado Agusta car, the only one painted blue, When it was in the Hayashi Collection in Japan, it was painted red. Traded back to Europe by Egon Zweimüller in 2017, it has been repainted blue and is now in a private collection.

Chassis 75033*113 (NOT 133), Ex Banham Motor Museum, Ex Kerry Manolas now with Lawrence (Larry) Auriana. The 133 chassis number mistake was due by a misprint by a magazine...

So that's it for the known Stradale. There are others out there with private chassis # I cannot reveal

I suppose I don't need to give chassis numbers for the different concept cars and the 33TT12 of Joe Nastasi?
[/QUOTE
Thanks for your complitly reply.
I know friends of Nastasi and friends of Lawrence Auriana.
The chassis number 102 is owned by a French collector for 20 years i know also who sold to him the Stradale.
Just to ask, is the blue one ex Conte Augusta still in Europe?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for your complitly reply.
I know friends of Nastasi and friends of Lawrence Auriana.
The chassis number 102 is owned by a French collector for 20 years i know also who sold to him the Stradale.
Just to ask, is the blue one ex Conte Augusta still in Europe?
Hi. Yes the Ex Agusta is still in Europe... I'm curious about 102, would you have the history of that car? I believe there has been a bit of "movement" around that particular car recently... You can PM me if it's private information. Best regards.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi. Yes the Ex Agusta is still in Europe... I'm curious about 102, would you have the history of that car? I believe there has been a bit of "movement" around that particular car recently... You can PM me if it's private information. Best regards.
For sure, where can i write to you privatly?
Facebook, whatsapp, instagram?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm sorry but this is wrong. 103 is not the SCAR Stradale and NOT in the Louwman museum but with a private individual...
Hi Chanh, You are usually well informed about Stradales, so I accept your statement for good one. Anyhow I have veryfied fiche from Bologna Ratticosa race, and there, the SCAR car is inscribed as 750.33.103...(later certainly car used by Weber)

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Chanh, You are usually well informed about Stradales, so I accept your statement for good one. Anyhow I have veryfied fiche from Bologna Ratticosa race, and there, the SCAR car is inscribed as 750.33.103...(later certainly car used by Weber)

Hi, Of course I can be wrong, but looking in details the Fischhaber car it looks like there are some differences with the SCAR Stradale... Could you be kind to post the information of the Bologna-Raticosa race with 103 chassis number, or PM me if this info is private? Thanks and regards... Here's a high res of the famous 1968 Freiburg race where you can see details of chassis 103... The main one being the non-sliding window VS the SCAR Stradale... Also if you can confirm the date of the Raticosa hillclimb because I have conflicting information as per that too... Thanks so much!

·
Registered
288 Posts
View attachment 1620680
Hi, Of course I can be wrong, but looking in details the Fischhaber car it looks like there are some differences with the SCAR Stradale... Could you be kind to post the information of the Bologna-Raticosa race with 103 chassis number, or PM me if this info is private? Thanks and regards... Here's a high res of the famous 1968 Freiburg race where you can see details of chassis 103... The main one being the non-sliding window VS the SCAR Stradale... Also if you can confirm the date of the Raticosa hillclimb because I have conflicting information as per that too... Thanks so much!
Of course that I will send you the scan when I re-found paper. It is mine but private, for your use, don't spread it. I think that you are right about Weber and later photos. This car could be not the same used in Bologna-Ratticosa. I hope that you are well in this hard times.
The best
V
P.S. I have your e-mail if it is the same, otherwise I will found it in AGY

·
Registered
9 Posts

1. Hi
    All good questions which may or may not have answers. When we owned Stradale #101, it was supposed to be the first "production" model, delivered new to Henry Wessells, who know Carlo Chiti quite well. The original prototype was supposed to be #001, but the museum car is #012, so perhaps there were two 4 head light cars. I collected a lot of photos of most of the Stradales, including the prototype. The prototype seemed to change over the various pictures, so I guessed that it was continually modified. I visited Carrozeria Marazzi, who built the bodies, but couldn't communicate with them very well. They apparently built one for Gina Lollabriggita. Not sure if the one in the Youtube clip is hers. Ours is pictured in another Youtube video, with it being driven around a parking lot and loaded on a trailer. Most of the ones that I got photos of were different in details. They were hand built at Marrazzi and assembled at Autodelta, as far as I know. There have been various lists of serial numbers, including what is in Ed McDonough's book, but none are complete. I gave Ed all the info that I had, but it's still a guessing game.
    Keith
    Alfas Unlimited
    So, you used to own the Lucas Laureys car, the one that is possible to see in the video made in a parking on youtube?
  2. Number plate: OBS776

·
Registered
37 Posts
Of course that I will send you the scan when I re-found paper. It is mine but private, for your use, don't spread it. I think that you are right about Weber and later photos. This car could be not the same used in Bologna-Ratticosa. I hope that you are well in this hard times.
The best
V
P.S. I have your e-mail if it is the same, otherwise I will found it in AGY
Thanks very much, eagearly waiting the email... Of course the document will not be shared. This makes me think that the SCAR Stradale could be more than 1 car since the Stradales could have been on loan by Alfa Romeo...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks very much, eagearly waiting the email... Of course the document will not be shared. This makes me think that the SCAR Stradale could be more than 1 car since the Stradales could have been on loan by Alfa Romeo...
As a matter of fact, in some reports about SCAR, two Stradales were mentioned, but the most accepted opinion is that it was erroneously interpreted pair of Daytona 33/2 cars, also loaned by SCAR.

241 - 254 of 254 Posts