Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
The top socket is located just below the top pivot on the drivers side rear door jamb, has 5 wires to a 6 connector socket on 1987 and 1989 spiders.

The wires from the alternator go to the connection block on drivers inner fender well, in engine compartment.small green in small green out, large red in 3 large red out. The 86 green is light green and the 89 is dark green, no signs of a trace on either.

I think that the 86-88 diagram will also work for an 89, there seems to be no real difference.

Thanks for the good work on the BB all.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Fuel ECU

1 Black, mine has a short yellow to the black but I think not original.
2 White, One wire only!
4 Gray with Green trace
5 Black
9 Blue with White trace, 2 Wires
10 Red with Black trace
12 Blue with Black trace
28 Black
29 Red

Ignition ECU

12 Orange
13 Orange with Black trece

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Excellent info, mbb. THANK YOU!!

May I ask what year(s) the ECUs are?

·
Registered
130 Posts
wire colors at injection ECU

Hello Jim,
Great work, the 86-88 Spider wiring Diagram. As I said, I think my 89 is identical to my 86. I have not found any major differences in the wiring. The fuse/relay/flasher panel is different swing and the knee panel is a bit different but the electrical seems identical.
The colors that I posted are from the 86. As soon as convenient I will check the 89.
Thanks for what you are doing, I hope to use the final product. Most of my electric problems are solved but I will keep notes and share solutions. I have an interest in some circuits which can be simplified or improved.
I.E. a starter relay took care of my start problem and probably saved me having to replace the ignition switch. Headlight relays are on the forums and are to happen soon to relieve the switch and improve headlight performance. Also going to remove the Great Circle fuel pump wire routing.

Thanks again, Martin

·
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The complete redraw of the injection system is proceeding nicely (I've changed the format from a diagram to a drawing). There are of course a few more questions.
The altitude compensator; how many wires are on terminal 9, one or two?
How many wires on ECU pin #6, one or two?
Main relay - any wires on terminal 87b?

·
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
With the help of a number of contributors, the 86, 87 & 88 Spider wiring diagrams are FINALLY finished! :D Please see this post for a list of available color wiring diagrams and how to get one.

Many thanks to Darren, Martin, Mark and a number of others who took the time to answer all of my questions. Without their help these diagrams would not have been possible.

·
Registered
1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate
8 Posts
I see that the 87 Spider Wiring Diagram
11541 Spider 1987 w/blade style fuses R20 is available now, is there a way for me to still get it even though Jim (RIP) has passed?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts