Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I suspect both from your experience and the above circuits that the 123 is not a replacement for the 111 and someone made a mistake when that was published.
I only ever got good used Bosch modules to work properly but I never tried the BERU. I now longer own a V6 Alfa so I will not be doing any more experiments.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I appreciate your help and will see if the four used modules I ordered from three different sources fix my problem. I have one used Bosch 0 227 100 111 that does not work in either Milano. I call Larry Dickman at Alfa Parts Exchange and he calls me the Milano guy and hope that he stays in business for a long time.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
OK, it seems we have been looking at the wrong place! Looking for inductive trigger replacement, while actually the need was for a hall trigger replacement. I have a distributor for 3L 75, which I opened up and it has the drum with 6 slots arrangement for hall trigger. So this distributor which then possibly have also been used on late GTV6 s, has the Bosch number of 0 237 322 001. So the correct ignition module for this is 0227 921 036. The one to look for, according to Bosch catalog. Hopefully better luck with this one!

Add to cart :)
https://www.epartsland.com/products/alfa-romeo-75-milano-3-0-ignition-spark-box-0227921036

Attachments

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I received two used Bosch 0 227 100 111 ignition modules from Germany and both modules work. I also received another used Bosch 0 227 100 111 module that does not work. I have not received a coil/module from Israel and will see if it works. I currently have one spare module and coil and two broken modules with a new Bosch 0 227 100 123. I will probably return the new module to the BMW shop because it can be used in BMW cars. I purchased a used Bosch distributor and should install it and see if it works. This is the problem of owning two old Milanos and I buy parts wherever I can find them. I have many new and used Milano parts in my garage including a used 164L engine. I have given serious thought about buying a new Giulia QV and retire the two Milanos. I have been driving them since 1988 and they are good cars as far as I am concerned. I would caution anyone who thinks that they can buy a used Milano because of the parts situation. I also put heat conducting paste on the bottom of the module.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The ignition module 0 227 100 111 will work as a direct replacement for the alloy cased 0227 100 017.
I have swapped mine over, My car has the two-wire VR inductive pick-up distributor. I used the module from my written off ALFA75 which has the three wire hall effect pick-up. It works perfectly with no over-heated coils, poor performance or misfires as long as you have the whole ignition system correctly wired.
My alloy box 0 227 100 017 amp had these colored wires they connect to the 0 227 100 111 as follows.

black/white.......................................connect to #1
black...............................................................#2
green/black .....................................................#4

The 2 wires From the distributor are as follows
green and shield

green...............................................................#5
shield...............................................................#3
#6 and 7 are not used
You can use a BOSCH 0 227 100 111 a Tridon TIM 017, Fuelmiser CM413 or a BERU ZM 001 as a direct replacement for the 0 227 100 017 alloy box.
You will need a Bosch EV1 7 pin male connector. No other parts need to be replaced or modified.

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
alfaparticle

Could it be that the sine wave pulse generated by the earlier inductive pick-up is still read by the ignition module because it only receives a signal once every engine revolution?
So be it a sine wave pulse from the two-wire inductive pick-up distributor or a square wave pulse from the three wire hall effect system the ignition module reads the pulse because they pulse at the same rate.

Cheers Sportiva

·
Premium Member
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Have you seen a sine wave from the VR sensor? I have not had the exact one that is used on the early GTV6 on the bench but I have had other VR sensors and they made short duration voltage spikes.
It is a mystery to me how you have got yours to work.

·
Registered
506 Posts
It doesn't just work for me it is a very common swap. there are more inductive pick-up GTV6's around the world than the hall effect models. From 1983 American GTV6'S used a hall effect distributor the rest of the world kept the inductive pick-up until 1986.

·
Premium Member
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Maybe that is why it only works outside of the US :wink2:

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I just received a Bosch coil and ignition module Bosch 0 227 100 111 from Israel. I installed it in the car and it started and ran great. I now have two extra Bosch coils and two extra Bosch 0 227 100 111 modules. I also have an extra Bosch distributor. The problem of buying used electrical parts can be a problem if they do not work and that is why I purchase used parts on eBay. I can always return the part and get a refund but, I usually have to pay for shipping.

·
Premium Member
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
That should be a lifetime supply of critical ignition parts.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I have purchased many Milano parts because I knew years ago that you needed them in order to drive the cars. I buy new parts as much as possible and buy used parts from Alfa Parts Exchange, ABB, eBay and other sources. I still want to buy a new Giulia QV because I can buy new parts from Alfa and the car comes with a warranty.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I just received one more ignition module attached to a Bosch coil. I was able to start the Milano with the latest module and coil. I now have three modules and three Bosch coils. I had only one working module two weeks ago and now have three spare modules and coils. I thank Larry at Alfa Parts Exchange and eBay for finding another three modules. This is a good example about finding parts a 30 year old Milano.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts