Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[/ATTACH]I saw four unusual Alfa Romeo cars today. The 1921 G1 racer car, 8C2900 Spider and two 1900 CSS cars. The 1900 CSS car was a former show car with very interesting coupe body. There were two rear windows. I also saw a Bertone bodied Jaguar called a Pirana which looks like a Lamborghini Espada. I was thinking about buy an Espada in the late 1970's and even thought about buying 1960's 250 Ferraris, but I bought a new Alfetta Sedan instead using the advice of my Alfa friends. I should have bought the 1953 340 Ferrari Mexico Spider instead of the Alfetta Sedan. I also saw a 340 Ferrari Mexico Coupe parked next to the 8C2900. I will attach one photo of the 8C and one of the 340 Mexico. I did not take any photos of the other cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I went downstairs to see if it's in my garage, but no...:frown2:

Do you have pictures of the 1900s ?

Thank you to share with us.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I will take photos of the 1900 CSS cars and of the famous 1921 G1 Alfa. I took photographs of the 1953 6C 3000 CM Superflow IV and also took photos of another 1900 CSS.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to take photos of the G1 that was parked next to the 8C2900. I know that many people object to the G1 because it does not have the original body, but I believe that it is the only G1 that has survived and Alfa originally sold only the chassis and customers ordered the body from a coach builder. I have seen many cars that were sold as a chassis and then delivered to the coach builder. I do not have a problem with a change of body with this type of car. I really believe that the cars should be used and not stored in a static display. The younger generation that have little interest in old cars will probably recycle their father's car collection when they inherit the parent's estate and when they find no buyers for the old cars.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
I know that many people object to the G1 because it does not have the original body, but I believe that it is the only G1 that has survived and Alfa originally sold only the chassis and customers ordered the body from a coach builder.
There's a long thread on the G1 here. This post seems to indicate that, over time, two chassis were found. I think most people did not object to the cars being recreations, but to the language used to present them.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a friend who is very interested in seeing the G1 and believes that there is only one car that was found in Australia. He does not believe that there are any more G1 cars in the world. I talked to the people who repaired the car and did not realize that the car was that important. I saw the 6C 3000 CM Superflow IV car, Jaguar Piranha and a few other unique cars at the same shop as well as a 1964 GTO, 1958 Testa Rossa, 750 Monza, 1962 SWB, and more exotic cars that I can count. I realize that there are many interesting cars located in Southern California and sometimes do not think that they are anything special.

·
Registered
719 Posts
i have a friend who is very interested in seeing the g1 and believes that there is only one car that was found in australia. He does not believe that there are any more g1 cars in the world. I talked to the people who repaired the car and did not realize that the car was that important. I saw the 6c 3000 cm superflow iv car, jaguar piranha and a few other unique cars at the same shop as well as a 1964 gto, 1958 testa rossa, 750 monza, 1962 swb, and more exotic cars that i can count. I realize that there are many interesting cars located in southern california and sometimes do not think that they are anything special.
aaaaarrrrggggghhhh

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I once saw a D Jaguar at a stop light near my house. I was told that someone has a C and D Jaguar collection near my house. I would like to see the cars. I once saw an old F1 Ferrari that was driven by F. Gonzalez in the early 1950's. The car was owned by a Ferrari collector, and the engine had been replaced with a six cylinder Chevy engine. I went to UCLA in 1970 and saw Dino Martin's 612 Ferrari on San Vicente Bl. near Wilshire Bl. in WLA. The car was very noisy and could not believe that the car was street legal? I have always driven Alfa Romeo cars since 1968 and want to buy a new Giulia QV to replace old Milano cars. I plan to visit the G1 tomorrow with my friend and will take photos of the car. I have attached three photos of car taken were the G1 is located. There is a nice Lusso Ferrari parked behind the 750 Monza.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The photos were taken on the same day at the same location. I will take photos of two 1900 CSS Alfas and the G1 Alfa. I will also take photos of any interesting cars. The 8C 3000 CM has been moved to another nearby location. I think that the 1958 TR Ferrari has been completed and forgot to take photos of the car which was painted silver and black.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went to see the G1 with a friend and will post photos of the car including photos of the engine. The body that was built in the UK was replaced by the current body. I was told that there is only one G1 chassis. I found out the 1958 TR Ferrari owner drives his car to the grocery store.

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
I went to see the G1 with a friend and will post photos of the car including photos of the engine. The body that was built in the Australia was replaced by the current body. I was told that there is only one G1 chassis
Correction.

The form the G1 is now in is an abomination. There is a thread on this site about the destruction of this car into a race car replica ... no need for further upsetting photos ...
Pete

·
Registered
9,241 Posts

·
Registered
9,241 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Thank you Ruedi, you are always a great help :smile2:

I red the threads with pleasure.

So Pininfarina and not Boano design, but inspired from the second.

Great car and happy owner. Very interesting dashboard, in "Lusso" style I love that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts