Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
hello Tom, yes you are right, I am a former employee of Peter and have told him about my project for some time. But as so often in real life, a lot of things take longer than expected.
I was certainly not known to be an original fetishist, but it hurts me deeply when I see the often beautiful GTAms with their Testa Strettas but with carburettor system at racing events.
All the more I was confirmed in my plan when I saw live that by far the fastest car in the Italian Alfa Revival Cup with historic injection and guillotine drives. (it seems, even with historic 1750 engine block and monosleeve)
Also the Facetti GTAm was at the last event I was with, an injector and was the second fastest vehicle.
I'll get in touch with you soon by email, then I can tell you more about it.
some much for the long debate here on the BB that MFI are an emissions device while webers are for performance.. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi alfatreter,

Do you know the company that built the engine for the GTAm at the Italian Alfa Revival Cup with historic injection and guillotine drives and a 1750 engine & monosleeve? I'm looking for a company with that experience to finish my 2 GTAm engines.

Hello, sorry, but do not know who built this really fast engine. What has to be done on your engines? Do they run with spica?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi alfatreter,

Do you know the company that built the engine for the GTAm at the Italian Alfa Revival Cup with historic injection and guillotine drives and a 1750 engine & monosleeve? I'm looking for a company with that experience to finish my 2 GTAm engines.
Autofficina Monguzzi Di Monguzzi Franco, Via Alessandro Volta 1, 26016, Spino D'adda, Cremona, Italia

·
Registered
642 Posts
Giultine for GTAm

Also the 1300 GTA was injected .....
We have 2 engines , but the problem is the spica pump is working very unexact....

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats for the work !

Let the (prototype-puzzle) games begin...

These are only the first parts shown in the picture...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Hello Alfatreter,
I'm totally impressed with what you did and build as guillotine. :nerd:
Like TomtomGTV, I would be interested by the system if there is a way to build multiple of it.
You may contact me on following email pamaru at bluewin dot ch .
Regards,
Patrick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

our company is called Motorbros. and we are specialized in developing and manufacturing high performance parts for race cars, especially historic ones.

We worked together with Alfatreter (Wolfgang) on the Alfa Romeo GTAm guillotine + injection system. So we did all the 3D design, drawings, manufacturing and assembly.
Now we have some updates on this project:
All the parts are now ready designed and produced. So this includes the guillotine itself, LUCAS injection system, airbox, throttle linkage, belt drive system, injectors, sealings, fuel pump, fuel filter and many more parts. Our target was to get a complete Plug & Play system.
The next step will be the dyno and road testing. This will take place at the start of january.
Together with a specificly designed exhaust system, we expect a good step in getting more power out of the testa stretta engines.
When all the testing steps are done we will start to build a couple of systems for sale.
In the meantime, if you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Phone: +49 160 90930739
Mail: info @ motorbros . de
Web: www . motorbros . de

We wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Best regards
Marius & Nicolai

Motorbros. UG

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Good morning,
the time has finally come. So last thursday we tested our lucas pump unit on a testa stretta motor for the first time. and what should I say ? In our opinion, the first test was extremely successful. After a few starter turns, the engine started and ran surprisingly smoothly and the throttle response was impressive. With a beer, we decided that on Saturday we should go to the dyno for the first time in order to be able to assess the basic running behavior and to see whether we were already in the right direction in terms of performance.
So that we could achieve a meaningful result, we tested the friendly provided testa stretta engine with carburettor system made available to us on the same dyno a week beforehand in order to document the previous performance on the one hand and to see whether everything was mechanically correct.
Now the car strapped to the dyno and watched what happens. in short, the result almost blew us away: at the end of this day we actually had an additional 27 hp !!!!!! Without any change to the basic concept, i.e. the ignition timing, the camshaft timing, etc. were changed. Neither the exhaust nor the periphery was changed in any way.
Although the performance is more than satisfactory, we still have a lot of coordination work ahead of us. Even if you don't feel it in the car, the dyno protocol clearly shows a non-circular (jagged) performance curve that is therefore not yet acceptable to us. But as I said: That was only the first attempt at functionality!
Since our CNC milled throttle valve unit is made of the highest quality aluminum compared to the original cast magnesium or the reproductions made from cast aluminum, we were able to choose the smallest possible tolerances, especially those of the moving parts. The decision for CNC production also allowed us to rethink and significantly optimize the throttle valve sealing. So we were able to prevent the biggest and best known problem of the cast gate valve systems. Due to the four individual throttle valves, each with an open engagement of the throttle control, it was almost impossible to prevent the dangerous secondary air from entering, which often led to massive engine damage. In my opinion, this is also one reason why only a few got to grips with this system in the years after the Autodelta dominance in racing.
Another reason for the rare spread of the system also seems to be the wrong decision (for me) that peopl want to operate the system with the also homologated Spica injection pump. In my opinion, this is an injection pump that can be managed in series production really well, but is not and never designed to achieve a cylinder output of more than 50 hp. That is why it is probably justified in racing with small cubic capacities, like the 1300 testa stretta, but quickly led Autodelta to look at England and then to redesign the complete system for operation with Lucas pumps !!

Our second step will be, to optimize the fuel/ throttle rate to achive a very smooth curve without loosing power. than we will decide the final version of the airbox (at the moment we only rän with trumpets, to be able to see, what´s happening inside the intake.
The third step will be, to sandblast the outer surface of throttle unit rough and anodize it to get an real oldschool casting look...
The fourth step will be ;)......

regards Wolfgang

21 - 33 of 33 Posts