Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1973 GTV, 1969 GTV, TR4 & 1969 Roadrunner (long gone), 1967 & 1969 Corvettes
7,178 Posts
Neato :cool: article in the new issue of "Automobile" magazine that I got yesterday:). It's about the MGTD that rolled into (for those of you familar with the original street course - and :mad: those that aren't, should be;)) the creek by the stone bridge - now called Cornetts Stone Bridge. The car was restored and now owned by the original drivers' (Cornett) son. While it appears it won't be at this years Street festival event, it'll be there next year. Flip to the last article in this flier

http://www.bccgc.com/PDF/February2007.pdf
The car was there:cool:.

Attachments

·
Alfa-Less
506 Posts
Great pics......makes me really wish I went.

Did you make your reservations for the Lodge in January?

Each yeat I try; each year its full. Staying in town is good but I think at the lodge would be the best way to spend the weekend.

Maybe next year.........if I make my reservations today.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Thanks

...for sharing the pictures -
Took me back to my childhood. :)
I gotta get back there sometime for that event. I'd probably need to camp out at the State Park and make the drive into WG to make the memory complete.

I'll have to share the pix with my dad next time I see him.

Thanks again...

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Next year the "Marque" car is Triumph. Sorta wish I still had my 'ol TR4:(.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I didn't take a lot of pictures at the Concours (too many great cars & I was trying to avoid drooling all over them...) I did see Enrique's Spider. And it looked most excellent. My wife was looking it over and commented, "this is the same year as our Alfa, how come ours doesn't look like this?" (umm, thanks, Enrique...) I wish I had been paying attention to the meeting time & place so I could have met a few folks.
Eric,

Thanks for the nice comment... It's kinda funny that the car now looks better than it did for the convention that took place in August, since I was concentrating on getting the roll bar and trailer hitch fitted, rather than improving cosmetics. So your wife certainly saw it at its current "best cosmetic" condition. It will certainly be driven, and hard sometimes, before this season is out, but I always work on keeping it in the best possible condition.

It would have been great if you would have been able to join us... I don't know if you are planning on attending WG next year, but we've made it an annual event... Please feel free to leave a note in my car if you see it and don't see us around.

Best regards,

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
No problem...

What about next year:D;)
Sure, I'll just drive to Chicago for the convention in June and stay through, touring the east and midwest through the summer into fall. Then I can do the VT fall colors and visit Rob in Burlington. :rolleyes:
So which car should I drive? :confused:
Guess I better start making plans to quit my job and sell my house while I'm at it!:p

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Sure, I'll just drive to Chicago for the convention in June and stay through, touring the east and midwest through the summer into fall. Then I can do the VT fall colors and visit Rob in Burlington. :rolleyes:
Guess I better start making plans to quit my job and sell my house while I'm at it!:p
There - see how easy it is to plan:)

·
Alfa-Less
506 Posts
Since I saw (and rode in) "Zach" when you first got it, it only seems right that Zach needs to explore the mountains of Vermont next year. From here to the Glen and then back to Seattle. What a life you left coasters have.

So, c'mon Gordy, do it......:D

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Since I saw (and rode in) "Zach" when you first got it, it only seems right that Zach needs to explore the mountains of Vermont next year. From here to the Glen and then back to Seattle. What a life you left coasters have.

So, c'mon Gordy, do it......:D
Ok, Rob - I'm going to call you out too! :D Are we going to see that immaculate Spider of yours at WG in 2008? Note that I'm already assuming that you will be at the Chicago convention! :)

Best regards,

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Ok, Rob - I'm going to call you out too! :D Are we going to see that immaculate Spider of yours at WG in 2008? Note that I'm already assuming that you will be at the Chicago convention! :)

Best regards,
I'll meet you in Chicago Rob?:D

·
Alfa-Less
506 Posts
My mouth got me in a corner. :eek:

WG in 2008 is already a given. As much as I like Limerock, this year's vintage racer turn out seemed a little sparse. I regret not forcing my schedule for WG.

Chicago? Well that's a push for this old boy. Maybe via Canada and down into Chicago. 940 Miles through Montreal, Toronto, Flint, Kalamzoo, etc. Hard to imagine that amount of continuous drive time in a Spider on a highway (16 hours plus). But then again.......

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Sheeet mon

Rob - old friend -
I wish my Spider ride was ONLY 940 miles. I'll probably do that this weekend on our HalfFast Lap of Washington. Did over a grand in 3 days last year on the first HalfFast Lap in "Zach".
The trick for me is to figure how I want to do over 2000 miles to Chicagoland. The top in my Spider (20 years older than yours) (my body may be older than yours too!:D) doesn't go up when the sun is out. And my fair skin will get wind and sunburned over that 5 day trip. What to do? What to do? Then I have to come home too. No way I can quit my job, sell my house, and go to the Glen and VT.......inviting as it is. (How would I get the Zagato east?)

·
Registered
106 Posts
It was nice to see all our Alfa friends up at the Glen this year! Tom Benjamin and Carl Wells did a great job upholding Alfa honor in Group 8 in the green ex-Brian Haupt GTV. See everyone next year.

-Peter
www.peterkrause.net

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.