Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have been reading my new copy of alfa romeo downunder -part 1, the early years, and was reading about 1960's official alfa importer lightburn indistries and the zeta car they also manufactured and at todays car show there was one
the owner couldnt believe he met someone who new about them
all fibregalss body. check out the fuel gauge, its a hose from the tank!

the day was hosted by holden. we decided to skip coffee at my cousins place when i picked him up figuring there would be a few coffee vans when we got there. BIG mistake. the best they could offer was nescaffe. i hung out till i got home

Attachments

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a few guys who missed the show have asked for more pics
strange day. 300 cars, no alfas and no coffee
mabey i should have parked my alfa in the show, but i was scared someone might spit on it
i gave my "car of the day vote" to the blue cortina with webbers, my mates to the fiat

Attachments

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
That Healey is sweet, there used to be a Zeta rotting away in someones front yard in an inner city suburb of Brisbane, good place for it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Wow - a Zeta and a Force 7 (the Yellow Leyland Coupe)! Having both there makes it a pretty impressive collection of odd/uniquely Australian vehicles if nothing else.

·
Registered
200 Posts
No Alfa's and no coffee sums it up enri. Try again next year huh.

Looking at the Zeta, you can see why Alfa decided not to proceed with exporting CKD cars for Lightburn's to assemble! God forbid.

The problem with the Cortina is that it is neither a GT500 nor a Lotus, therefore it is a 2 door turdbucket with a nice blue paint job and webbers. He's gone to a lot of trouble though.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have stopped going to classic car days, too few ALFAs and lots of sad gits in really pedestrian cars.

They have an all British day here in Brisbane and other than looking at Healeys, Mini Coopers and the PRE-MGB MGs I would rather hang by my thumbs than spend a Sunday looking at endless rows of Austin A30's, Hillmans, Wosleys,Fords and Singers. The only E Types that show up are the late really dull V12 , no one with a cool series 1 would be seen at one of these events.

·
Registered
418 Posts
It's a shame about the motor in the D-type, looks like a Ford Barra with Haltech(mounted on the dash:confused:), could be wrong though. He's obviously gone to a heap of trouble with the bodywork. A 4.2 out of an XJ6 would look more at home, or for something more interesting a 5.3 V12. The body looks awesome, I'd love to watch someone create that out of flat sheets! :D

Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts