Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening

Has anyone seen the Zender Sprint in CHC that is on trademe? Is it as good as it looks in the photos?

I think it is a bit expensive, it was on trademe for $15,000 private sale very briefly before disappearing and showing up at a dealer for $30k. Now sitting at $25k, I think $20 is more realistic.

End of the day it is a body-kitted 1.5. Does look very tidy though.

Richard

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes, I've seen it, they had on display at the Twin Rivers.

Yes, it is in really good condition and looks great. But it's just the 33 running gear 1.5 with a nice looking body kit. For the money there are a number of things I'd rather buy!

For $15k you could have my nearly rust free 79 Sud Ti - saving it from me putting a 1.7 16V into it.

K

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that.

If I was to buy it a 1.7 16V conversion would be mandatory to give it more ompf with minimal weight gain. Pity Alfa never did it themselves. In today's world the 105 bhp is somewhat weak.

My first car was a '79 Alfasud Sprint 1.5 (single carb) and after 25 years of other "refined" cars I still remember the handing. I only had it six months and learned a lot about rust. Also learned a lot about worn out carbs and points, swore never to own a car with either again (and I haven't as yet).

The red one does look very mint, quite frankly I don't have time now to do up cars like I used to so it appeals as a Sunday toy.

A "nearly rust free Sud" is like a nearly virginal hooker right? :)

Richard

·
Registered
556 Posts
For daily use the 105hp 1.5 is plenty , I had one which I took over the gentle annie , Hawkes Bay to Taihape regularly and it was great , did used to run out of brakes though, a set of 1.7 vented discs and calipers sorted that out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts