Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale
1967 Alfa Zagato Junior ( California Title)
Chasis number AR1800015
88,368.0 Kilometers
1750 CC engine with TZ spin on oil filter/oil cooler connection
One of fifteen preproduction Zagatos
Between 8 and 10 thousand miles on engine ( I did not keep records)
Needs paint and rust repair on front sheet metal and rear hatch area
Has crack on dash just over tachometer at one o’clock
Comes with front air dam
Has two boards that cover the rear area under hatch .
Location is one hour north of San Diego, CA and two hours south of Los Angeles, CA.
Yours for $23,750.00 FOB Fallbrook, CA

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, Folks

Did not mean to get anyone excited, spell check does not know where the correct period goes. The correct price is twenty six thousand, seven hundred fifty dollars

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Alex. My old friend used to say'There is only two reason to sell, one you need the money, the other is you need the space !!!" With my 'new' 1965 Giulia Spider Veloce, I need the space...

·
Out of the office!
11,611 Posts

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Thanks, Alex. My old friend used to say'There is only two reason to sell, one you need the money, the other is you need the space !!!" With my 'new' 1965 Giulia Spider Veloce, I need the space...
IMO, there is a #3 reason for selling a car and :(the worst of all

#3 - it's because you're nuts:)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Can you further explain the "1 of 15 pre-production' Zagatos? I was not aware that there was such a thing with the Junior Z's. What makes a pre-production car?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pre-production ?

Many moons ago, I think it was from some Alfisti in Holland sent me a long note on my Zagato, saying that there were some fifteen Zagatos built and what each of them went thru and that my number was one of those. Can I prove it ? No, as I am only repeating what was sent to me way back then... How did it get a 1967 California title ? Don't know, nor did the fellow I purschased the car from way back in the eighties. How many Zagatos have an air dam? It works on the track, but the oil temp goes up. So many questions and so few answers, but thats the way it is with Alfa Romeo Automobiles and their owners.

·
Registered
145 Posts
A little help please. What am I missing? I don't get all the fuss over this car. Would someone be kind enough to explain to me it's significance in the Alfa world? Thanks.

Mark

·
Registered
33 Posts
Junior Zagatos are limited edition Alfas bodied by Carrozzeria Zagato. Their rarity and style (pleasing to me, YMMV) give them a special place in the hearts of many Alfisti.

A bit of web surfing will quickly provide you with a lot of additional information on these cars.

S

·
0 Posts
I think it's beautiful, it's almost a mini-GTV-6. I'd love to have one.

What is so amazing about Alfa Romeo is the breadth of automotive styling, whether it's the Montreal (which looks like a classic American muscle car that has been "beautified") or the Zagato, which is stunning in its sublime, post-modern aesthetic (reminding me of the mass-produced Honda CRX), or the many other completely Sui Generis designs in all shapes and sizes.

As for investment potential, I think one has to go on a case by case basis with Alfa. The Zagato here, or the Montreal listing in the other thread will both double from their current selling prices, in my opinion, within 20 years, and probably sooner.

If I were wealthy, and had a lot of mad money (hello Jay Leno, who is an Alfa fan), I'd be an Alfa collector for sure, and would check these two offerings very closely.

The Zagato is really special, at least to me.

Good luck with the sale.

David
1986 GTV-6 2.8 GS

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have lowered the selling price three thousand dollars to $23,750.00 as I will need the room for the 1965 Giulia Veloce.
Regards,
pat

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice car.

What is with the rear lid not being closed? I chased down a Lancia Fulvia Zagato on a New Year's Day rally and he had the rear lid open the same way for the whole drive. Is this coincidence, error, or some kind of secret Zagato owners' handshake?

-RN
Bring a Trailer

1 - 20 of 36 Posts