Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello members,

The welknown site of Jack Habits (Alfa Romeo Zagato Register & Information Site) has been revamped. I just had a look at it today. Good work Jack.

But what do I also see? This! alfatz.com. It looks exactly the same as Jack's previous version of the site and somebody seems to have hijacked it and has set up an exact copy. And to my asthonisment these site also come up: alfatz-register.com, tz-register.com, zagato-register.com, zagato-cars.net, zagato-cars.org and zagato-cars.biz. I changed the links back to non-links to prevent them coming up on search machines (on the 4th of August 2009).

What is going on here? By the looks of it, some known Belgian person must have had something to do with it!

Ciao, Olaf

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The domain alfatz.com is registered to a Belgian by the name of Benoït Albert Bogaerts with a P.O. Box in Dubai. He runs a multimedia company (but.com) and may have registered the domain on behalf of a client.

The same guy has also registered the domain alfatz-register.com, and that site contains the exact same information as alfatz.com.

There is in fact a "Wanted" poster for Jack Habits on both sites, and they complain that lots of information has been stolen from classicscars.com etc. and put on Habits' site. We should all know by now who runs classicscars.com ...

Well, trying to work out any information on Zagato-bodied Alfas is already confusing, but this sorta takes the idiocy to a whole new level :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have a look at the other links

The domain alfatz.com is registered to a Belgian by the name of Benoït Albert Bogaerts with a P.O. Box in Dubai. He runs a multimedia company (but.com) and may have registered the domain on behalf of a client.

The same guy has also registered the domain alfatz-register.com, and that site contains the exact same information as alfatz.com.

There is in fact a "Wanted" poster for Jack Habits on both sites, and they complain that lots of information has been stolen from classicscars.com etc. and put on Habits' site. We should all know by now who runs classicscars.com ...

Well, trying to work out any information on Zagato-bodied Alfas is already confusing, but this sorta takes the idiocy to a whole new level :rolleyes:
Hello TorW and Stu,

Thank you for the information, TorW. You're right about working out info on Zagato-bodied Alfa's. Have a look at the other links mentioned like tz-register.com, zagato-cars.net, zagato-cars.org and zagato-cars.biz
Looking for the person who registered these domains will probably have the same outcome! And Stu, it would be strange if someone else is behind this.

Ciao, Olaf

·
Registered
205 Posts
I love to read threads and posts by you, Olaf - but Stu, even though you may be right, do not try to hijack this one. Next step will be a reply from an annonymous IP address in Belgium and suddenly two persons are discussing a very interesting issue in a forum they both have been banned from. Sure a surreal situation.

Keep going Olaf - "the Zagatos are not what they seems".

Lars

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
All the domains you mentioned are registered to the Belgian in my first post, but I was wrong about him being a computer/multimedia guy. There is a Bogaerts working as a real estate guy in Dubai, and as if that weren't enough: check out Google's cache of Mr. Olczyk's Facebook friends from just a few days ago. If you go directly to Olczyk's public Facebook profile (without logging in), Mr. Bogaerts isn't listed as a friend anymore. I don't know how Facebook chooses what to display publicly, so he may still be in his friends list though.

I took a snapshot of the Google cache and stored it here since Google's cache expires after a while.

All domains were registered April 6, 2009 and are to expire April 6, 2010. All the domains are also hosted on the same server in Canada. A year is the shortest time you can register a domain for, and that doesn't smell right for a classic car registry. Is there some kind of "smear campaign" going on here?

Here are the domains:
zagato-cars.biz
tz-register.com
zagato-cars.net
zagato-cars.org
zagato-cars.biz
alfatz.com
alfatz-register.com

So yes, it's Olczyk. If it walks like a duck ...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Exiting reading and not surprising if Mr. O sits behind the keyboard, just wait to see when his characteristic linguistics appear.

I did know that classiccars.com and vdvgrant.com often are mentioned as part of the fellowship but it is new to me if VSOC is part of that team. I guess Olaf knows more about any connections between them - they may just be coincidentally mentioned.

But they do have a point about copyrights. It is very often quite difficult to run a registry or bulletin board without getting in conflict with copyright issues when pictures are found, scanned, downloaded and uploaded from internet, old magazines, books etc. by members, users and visitors who very seldom know exactly who owns the rights to the old stuff.

I have too put pictures on threads without knowing if it was legal or allowed, but my own personal guideline is that it is OK in a non profit private forum and done only for informational use. But best way is of course by mentioning the source.

I do not know anything about where all the wonderful and inspiring information and pictures on the Zagato registry come from but I am sure Jack pays attention to that since it seems to be a commercial driven site.

Lars

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you TorW for the detective work

All the domains you mentioned are registered to the Belgian in my first post, but I was wrong about him being a computer/multimedia guy. There is a Bogaerts working as a real estate guy in Dubai, and as if that weren't enough: check out Google's cache of Mr. Olzcyk's Facebook friends from just a few days ago. If you go directly to Olzcyk's public Facebook profile (without logging in), Mr. Bogaerts isn't listed as a friend anymore. I don't know how Facebook chooses what to display publicly, so he may still be in his friends list though.

I took a snapshot of the Google cache and stored it here since Google's cache expires after a while.

All domains were registered April 6, 2009 and are to expire April 6, 2010. All the domains are also hosted on the same server in Canada. A year is the shortest time you can register a domain for, and that doesn't smell right for a classic car registry. Is there some kind of "smear campaign" going on here?

Here are the domains:
zagato-cars.biz
tz-register.com
zagato-cars.net
zagato-cars.org
zagato-cars.biz
alfatz.com
alfatz-register.com

So yes, it's Olzcyk. If it walks like a duck ...
Hello TorW,

Great stuff! Nice detective work! Let's see what happens next.
I wonder how Jack will react. Jack's site has been in the air for quite some years. Why is our unnamed and banned member taking this action now?
This is a photograph of Mr. Bogaerts, taken from the Facebook's 'friends page' of our unnamed and banned member.

Ciao, Olaf

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
It's so obviously a rip-off of Jack Habits' site it almost hurts. Not only have they haphazardly done a search and replace on every link on the site, but they got it wrong in several places. It even has Jacks 1300 Ti advertisement and zagatocars.com's copyright message in the HTML code. See attachment. I wonder how that will play in the copyright argument? :rolleyes:

Be careful Olaf! It looks like you'll go crazy after being around Zagatos for a while :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I tried to register for the real Zagato site for the first time yesterday...says my email address is banned- I'd never even accessed the site before! :(

·
Registered
205 Posts
Same here

I tried to register but got the same message that my email was banned!!!!!!

I now wonder if the new site is the real one or a fake one too?

Lars in wonderland

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Regarding registering in zagato-cars.com:
If it's the forum you are talking about, you should read this. In short: users with gmail.com, yahoo.com or hotmail.com addresses can't register on the forum there.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks Tor I didn't used time to read that, it's in fact quite normal on many boards. I will try again with my normal mail adress.

Lars

·
Banned
3 Posts
It's so obviously a rip-off of Jack Habits' site it almost hurts. Not only have they haphazardly done a search and replace on every link on the site, but they got it wrong in several places. It even has Jacks 1300 Ti advertisement and zagatocars.com's copyright message in the HTML code. See attachment. I wonder how that will play in the copyright argument? :rolleyes:

Be careful Olaf! It looks like you'll go crazy after being around Zagatos for a while :D

RIP OF YES, but it s Habits who rip -off everybody else website to built his own, all honest people recognise this.
Do you believe that Habit have the right to steal photos, infos from my work.
Internet generation think wrongly that if they find it on internet, they can use it for their own good and built website with stolen photos and infos.
Habits violate the law of copyright on every page from his site.
Then if you want to discuss, tell to him and blame him, not me.
Me I just defend my self and my work.
If you are honest and clever, you will agree with me.
Regards

·
Banned
3 Posts
Exiting reading and not surprising if Mr. O sits behind the keyboard, just wait to see when his characteristic linguistics appear.

I did know that classiccars.com and vdvgrant.com often are mentioned as part of the fellowship but it is new to me if VSOC is part of that team. I guess Olaf knows more about any connections between them - they may just be coincidentally mentioned.

But they do have a point about copyrights. It is very often quite difficult to run a registry or bulletin board without getting in conflict with copyright issues when pictures are found, scanned, downloaded and uploaded from internet, old magazines, books etc. by members, users and visitors who very seldom know exactly who owns the rights to the old stuff.

I have too put pictures on threads without knowing if it was legal or allowed, but my own personal guideline is that it is OK in a non profit private forum and done only for informational use. But best way is of course by mentioning the source.

I do not know anything about where all the wonderful and inspiring information and pictures on the Zagato registry come from but I am sure Jack pays attention to that since it seems to be a commercial driven site.

Lars
Listen Alfa boys, Bogaerts was an investor who was going to invest for the developpement of the tz3, that the reason why he bought all theses website
because of course, you don t known that the TZ3 is going to be built and show in Pebble Beach in 2010. At the end Bogaerts was too difficult to work with and a other investor pay for the prototype of the tz3 from zagato of course. THAT A FAMOUS CHRISTMAS SCOOP
Want a photo may be .
I have of course all the mecanicals details of the car....
As I m not part of this community, I will reserve the photos for other people.
Merry Christmas

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Do you believe that Habit have the right to steal photos, infos from my work.
I don't think anyone here on alfabb.com feel the need to become involved (or entangled, rather) in whatever quarrel you have with anyone anywhere. That being said, I don't believe anyone can claim copyright on pure third party information (chassis numbers etc.), but they CAN claim copyright on presentation, research and prose surrounding the bits of pertinent information on an object. Alfabb as such, noted that exact copies of a website popped up and that you were likely behind them. That is all.

Who stole what from who and when is of no interest to me whatsoever since the Zagato info is already out there for anyone to peruse. I think your case with Mr Habits should be held in a court who has actual jurisdiction over copyright matters. Alfabb.com is at best "a peanut gallery in a series of tubes" (if you follow me) and we (note: there is no "we" here) can act as neither jury nor judge.

In other words: take it outside.

P.S: On his website, Jack Habits have used a photo of a Fiat 8V Elaborata Zagato which I took a couple of years ago. Despite me releasing the picture into the public domain (that is: I hold no copyright to the work and demand no credit if it's used for any purpose, commercial or not), he gave me photo credit without having to do so.

·
Banned
3 Posts
In other words: take it outside. I AGREE 100 pour cent

Thank you for your support but THEN don t talk about it, don t bring this subject to open place. If you didn t open thses post, I will not be here.
Again, I didn t start this, then don t bring my name or my friend or websites or my customers name on your site and you will not see me.
Happy new year and hope that this thread will be then remove.
You will live in peace and me too.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
In other words: take it outside. I AGREE 100 pour cent

Thank you for your support but THEN don t talk about it, don t bring this subject to open place. If you didn t open thses post, I will not be here.
Again, I didn t start this, then don t bring my name or my friend or websites or my customers name on your site and you will not see me.
Happy new year and hope that this thread will be then remove.
You will live in peace and me too.
Aren't you banned on this bullitin board?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Some people do not understand the term "banned" they think the ban only concerns one of their many avartars.

Lars

1 - 20 of 29 Posts