Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
I am not Sicilian, but when I lived in Italy I lived in Erice, Sicilia(region of Trapani). This is where I learned to speak Italian (and some dialetto). Italians say I speak with a Sicilian accent! That would be like an Italian learing english in Georgia and speaking with a southern draaawl.:)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
picciotti, sugnu ****entu che vu siciliani vi cattati l'alfa romeo!!!

forza sicilia e forza calabria!!! da south is in da house!!!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Oh! Fregi! Mo' che so' arnuto e tutti voi parlate in dialetto! Come come cazzo posso capi' se non e' Perugino? Mo' tocca gi' che c'ho da' fa'!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
ma che tipo di dialetto e quello 147gta?napolitano?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hey hey hey, this is an english speaking forum... You want me to say something in russian? ya lublu alfa romeo! once I take Italian next semester I will understand what you guys wrote ;)

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have noticed that the folks who posted here and have lived in many places or with many cultures are all very thankful of that. New York as in Manhattan and Brooklyn was a bit like that as is Philadelphia. And I really enjoy the diversity as does my wife and all seven children. I was therefore shocked, when I started to work in Virginia near the nations capital, to hear the natives complain about having "foreigners" living in the community. "No body roun here talks english no more" they'd moan. It is even worse out here in rural Virginia as you might guess. Our only Doctor of Medicine here in Berryville is Egyptian. My neighbor recently asked if I had been to him. I said yes and she asked is he really some kind of "foreigner". Yup I said he is Egyptian and he looks just like Peter Lorrie. Oh she sighed. So being a nasty person, I told her " either get undressed in front of an Egyptian or go home and die from your ailment.

I miss the many different faces and foods and sounds of cosmopolitan cities. It is a great world, smile, open your arms and embrace it. Or go home and die from your ailment I guess.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Aren't you a foreigner if you're anything but American Indian? And they have good reason not to trust "foreigners". :D

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Speaking of American Indians here is my breakdown.

Dads Father - Blue eyed French Man
Dads Mother - American Indian

Moms Father - Hawaiian/Chinese
Moms Mother - Filipino

This makes me 100% Mutt!

So I took it a step further and married an Ecuadorian. Now when we fill out papers on our children’s Nationality I just crack up and pick one.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Since we are talkin about dialect now how about i show you what i know.
(Sicilian)= Io sugnu ri sangu Sicilianu e consideru tutti gli Italiani comu frati e soru.
(Neopolitan)= Io puro tengo u sangue Napulitane. "Nee vuaglio acca nesciuno e fesso".
(Roman)= Parlanno dei vecchi quatrini e cioe' dee vecchie lire che mo nun vargono piu. Me rimasta la nostargia de ricorda', mezza piotta- na piotta-mezzo sacco e un sacco.
(Barese)= Shamanenne senun she namma she, no shenne shamme.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Here we have all different nationalities here on this board getting along and united. OBVIOUSLY the key here is ALFAS!
I think the Alfa BB has now solved a world problem.

:D

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
another pic from one the most beautful cities in southern italy, Reggio Calabria

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Dave Fonz - That was Perugino (scroll up).

·
Registered
247 Posts
You asked what dialect it was. It is Perugino, from Perugia in central Italy, Umbria.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts