Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you buy a 36" breaker bar, not to bust loose bolts, but to use as a cane to help you get up off the floor.>:)

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You really know how to hurt a guy...........

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thumbup:The first real sports car I ever saw was a '57 MGA. One afternoon my older brother roared up in our driveway. I'd never heard a sound like that. He had just taken delivery of a red one, black seats with red piping and that crazy cord that was the interior door latch.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Is it just me or does the floor get further down every year?
And jack stands are getting shorter. I never used to scrape along the car before.
And also why do I take an xtra few seconds to just lie flat on the floor before starting my work???

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
...and then when you look up at the exhaust system 2" from your nose, it's all out of focus.
This! I have three sets of glasses in the shop, each designed for a different focal length.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A lift would be wonderful, but first the garage ceiling would need to be lifted........

·
Registered
934 Posts
A lift would be wonderful, but first the garage ceiling would need to be lifted........
if you have a refular 8 ft clg garage...you can get rid of ceiling joists, move up to 10 or 10.5 ,reinstall as braces...and you can get a lift in...typically yu want 12 ft clear...but in instances not possible Ive designed several like that...especially if sports cars, you don't need to g up to 12 ft...you can park one under another (as long as you got drip pan between)

·
Registered
95 Posts
My 1st car and 1st engine rebuild was a 1959 MGA coupe! Three main bearing 1500cc engine with the side draft SU carbs. I was 17 years old and to the utter amazement of the ever doubting father, it not only started but ran beautifully. From that point on, I was the engineer in the family. To hell with his suma cum laude electrical engineering degree from Syracuse. I lived and thrived in the applied world where he struggled. Take that old man.......

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I have 10 foot ceilings in my garage and a lift that moves around like a pallet jack. 6,000 pound capacity.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,225 Posts
My original shop had a pit on the floor with a sliding hoist over head. There were issues. No stairs in the pit. You hoisted yourself up and rolled out under the front or rear of the car. Even when I became Geezy, I could still do that. However in spring, it would fill about 1 foot deep with rain water seeping under the concrete floor. I would pump it out, but it was HUMID working in the pit. Occasionally due to various automotive malfunctions, when working in the pit, early gasoline or later fuel, would rain down into the pit and onto me and my droplight. I always watched it sizzle a-bit before realizing it was time to LEAVE! My NEW shop has no pit, and no room for cars. Just me. I still find ways to get into trouble.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thought that was your re-entry module Pete......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts