Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys once again!

Ok...story goes...I was driving on staurday. Suddenly there is very weird electrical sound coming out of the dashboard. Then I try to indicate, the sound comes back again. Also the indicator lights stopped working. I guess it is a flash relay issue?
Is the relay universal or are we looking at some Alfa specific which means that I need to immobilise the car for a while till indicators start working again?

Cheers!

·
Registered
what part?
9,895 Posts
these cars do it for a reason..they are jeloues cars, just like my x-italian g/f.. they can't stand you being around another car....so they keep you near in this fashon:)

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
I had a similiar issue that turned out to be the ground wires on the REAR tailights. Relocated the black ground wires to a clean new spot, and my lights, and flashers worked better than I had thought possible. Hope yours is as simple. Good luck! Oh... the Italian ladies are demanding, yes... but they sure feel good when they are happy! :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
mine were ground problems on flashers........clean every ground you can find that looks involved in the circuit front and back!

I just followed the advice here from the knowledgable owners and all my electrics are good on the car now after over a year of ownership.(except the dim dash lights :D)

Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Try cleaning all the fuses and holders/contacts/brass strips whatever you want to call them. My 86 started having electrical gremlins, one lights off in front, weird unexplainable Poltergeist. I cleaned the fuses and holders every year now and haven't had a revisit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts