Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what manufacturing years include the script "Spider Veloce" badge/emblem on the sides of the Spider? I have seen these on Series 2 and Series 3 Alfas. I know my '82 had them, but just wondered how many years this was the custom. They are gone by Series 4, as near as I can tell.

Also, does anyone know a company or supplier that makes these? I had one fall off.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
I swear someone recently had a thread that had info on where to obtain the script, but I'll be damned if I can locate it right now.

T'wasn't IAP or Centerline, but one of the European (UK I believe) that had them readily available.
Barring that, one might be able to obtain a good used version from APE or the like.

Perhaps someone will pop in with that answer onnaconna I'm turning up nuthin but empty right now.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Narrowing the window -- my '85 does not have them, and I don't believe it ever did.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Well my '83 Spider has the spiderveloce emblems!

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
My 86 has them. The PO did an unbelievably bad glue job on one of them. I found an inexpensive used one in good condition on eBay that I purchased just in case mine is not salvageable when I get around to removing it, removing the excess glue, touching up the paint, etc. (it's on "THE LIST"). I suggest keeping an eye out on eBay; they pop up frequently.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Emblems

Yo,
They are on the sides of my '87 Spider Veloce. And about 20 of them are in my garage! Who needs one? I'll place an ad in the classifieds. Ciao, James.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Spider Veloce emblems

I have one and perhaps even two of the Spider Veloce emblems and I have a Graduate, so I certainly do not need them! If you will PM me at mandlebaum at
s
b
c
g
l
o
b
a
l
dot net, I will forward pictures and the price for your consideration.

Dean

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I don't mean to start an argument with anyone, but there is just too much incorrect speculation on this thread...

USA model Spiders have always had identifying badges on them. The script "Spider Veloce" side emblems started with the model year 1979. (Emphasis on model year, not manufacture date.) Through and including 1984 Alfa offered one USA model, which was the Spider Veloce, and all Spider Veloces had the side script emblems. (Well, on the last year of the series 2, Alfa did offer a special commemorative edition...)

In 1985, Alfa introduced the Graduate edition, and it had a script emblem on the side that read "Graduate". The series 3 Graduate had the script side emblems for its entire run.

The 1985 USA Spider Veloce had the script emblems as well. From 1979 through and including 1985, on all USA Spiders, the script emblem is on the top portion of the front fender, right above the fender crease. Starting with the transition year, 1986, the script side emblems were moved down just a few inches to the middle portion of the front fender. This is very logical since the pininfarina emblem (the small 'p') was replaced by a rectangular badge that was positioned in the middle section of the rear fender. Thus, both emblems are in the middle giving some balance to the appearance. The script emblems were fitted to all series 3 USA Veloces. And yes, series 4 Veloces had different emblems altogether.

Best regards,

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
In 1985, Alfa introduced the Graduate edition, and it had a script emblem on the side that read "Graduate". The series 3 Graduate had the script side emblems for its entire run
Can you expand on that a bit?
My 85 said 'Graduate' on the fender just in front of the door, but it was a known to be original to the car sticker that matched the pinstripe (gold in my case) as opposed to an actual emblem/badge/device.
Literally vinyl stick on lettering.

Its not the first or only as I've seen like that in pix around the forum, but I've seen actual badges too.

I'd take a pic of mine to show, but it and the pinstripes were removed long ago.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts