Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably Peter is my best choice, but I'll ask more generally first, because you just never know. The lower center console bit - I guess in some cars, it was the part that housed the ashtray? Does anyone have one of those guys? Color doesn't matter, because I can get out the SEM vinyl paint and make it whatever color suits my fancy. Well, black would be nice, because black is the color that would suit my fancy. :) But really, one in good shape that will clean up nicely. The previous owner hacked together some crummy stereo hanging set-up that is an abomination, and needs to be gone. But it would be nice to maybe eventually put a nice headunit in there some day. And who knows - maybe a control panel for some Vintage Air climate control? ;)

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
It sure would be useful to know what kind of car we are talking about. Model year, model, Alfetta sedan, GT, GTV6.Maybe even a picture of what we are taking about.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sure would be useful to know what kind of car we are talking about. Model year, model, Alfetta sedan, GT, GTV6.Maybe even a picture of what we are taking about.
Yes, sorry. 1982 Alfa Romeo GTV6, silver over black. The object in question is partially visible in the interior photo just past the shifter knob, where the stereo is:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-cars-sale-wanted/168798-1985-alfa-romeo-gtv6-4-sale.html

In post #10 of this thread, the bottom picture - the part with the stereo in it:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-cars-sale-wanted/184638-alfa-gtv6-maratona-1984-a.html

If I am using the wrong term for this piece, please feel free to correct me.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
The piece your looking for is common, got one if you want it. I fit a pretty nice radio in mine with all the features.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The piece your looking for is common, got one if you want it. I fit a pretty nice radio in mine with all the features.
PM me, or e-mail: silberurs6 at the gmail puctuation mark com. If you have a pic, that would be great.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Here's what I believe your asking for?

Radioholder.jpg

·
Registered
909 Posts
Peter can't be any help on the console itself. Not easy to find a decent one, as too many POs have messed up the opening trying to get a larger radio in there.

The one John is showing looks in great shape. You may want to jump on that one. I might have an ash tray assembly, if that's needed to complete it.

Peter

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Even with the exchange rate, that is one damned expensive lower console. alfasrule has made me a stellar deal on his, which I will absolutely take him up on. In other news, I just picked up a Masterati BiTurbo fan shroud on evilBay for $24. When it comes time for me to do the AC fix, I'll be ready... OK, whose bright idea was it for me to pick up this car that has so far been severely addictive in both driving terms and upgrade terms? D4mnitall.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Usually, what seems to happen on opening up the hole for the radio, is that someone takes a SabeSaw with a coarse wood blade to it. If you use a Fien-type ultra-sonic saw with a thin blade (and a Dremel Tool) you should be able to create a surgically clean opening that doesn't look like you used high explosives.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts