Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was turning wrenches yesterday, I heard this guy knawing on an old set of antlers I had on a bench nearby:).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I took a drive up to Lake Arrowhead in my Ford Capri in 1980. On the drive home I heard strange sounds coming from under my hood. Once home, I popped the hood open and a squirrel leapt out. We had squirrels in the neighborhood so I assume he found a new home, but WOW, talk about a shock to my system, not to mention the poor creature’s eventual culture shock! :D

My Capri was Silver, 1979 and similar to this one. The squirrel looked something like this. :)

Attachments

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
The photo reminded me of a video I saw the other day. Just click play to watch.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5BNqYra1CJQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5BNqYra1CJQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

·
Registered
403 Posts
Robert Webb, that pic brings back memory's. :) One of my high school buddys had a Capri, 78 V6 manual. Very quick and nimble.
Figured I would add a pic as well ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Such a sweet little fella.

My Capri was the V6, standard shift, sunroof, black vinyl interior and a hoot to drive. But... the cables for throttle and clutch broke at the most inoportune times. My boss was with me in Beverly Hills and I wanted to show him what it could do, mid turn the clutch cable broke. We were stranded. I nearly got sacked. Loved that car though. Had to sell it when I went to college. I could not afford the $125 payments!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Ha, reminds me of my first experience with a squirrel, we don't have them in Oz.

It was in a park in London, there I was walking along minding my own business when a ball of fluff pounced at me. Monty Python-esk visions of a killer rabbit! Quite a shock until I realised what it was :eek:

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha, reminds me of my first experience with a squirrel, we don't have them in Oz.
Until they were overhunted in the late 1800's, the west abounded with these strange critters:) They called them Jack-a-lopes. An inbreeding freak caused by the mating of an Antelope and a Jack rabbit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,815 Posts
Until they were overhunted in the late 1800's, the west abounded with these strange critters:) They called them Jack-a-lopes. An inbreeding freak caused by the mating of an Antelope and a Jack rabbit.

And if we believe that story you got another one RIGHT?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
What about - The flying variation

The flying jackalope is a variation originating in Wall, South Dakota. The flying jackalope looks like a cross between the standard jackalope and a chicken. This animal is much rarer than the jackalope and due to its blinding fast speed it is rarely seen by people. You can bait it with a concoction that include baloney and whiskey, among other things.

·
Premium Member
26,815 Posts
What about - The flying variation

The flying jackalope is a variation originating in Wall, South Dakota. The flying jackalope looks like a cross between the standard jackalope and a chicken. This animal is much rarer than the jackalope and due to its blinding fast speed it is rarely seen by people. You can bait it with a concoction that include baloney and whiskey, among other things.

Sort of a combo wiley coyote and a road runner I bet!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I HAD squirrels here...past tense. The ground squirrels were tearing up my yard by burrowing under the water pump building, under the trees and under my house! Gopher bait fixed it. I haven't seen a one in two weeks. Grey squirrels are ok in my book, but those brown ground squirrels are vulture bait if you ask me. Thanks for the video...got alot of laughs out of that one.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Take a closer look...

That skwirrel wasn't self-powered.
Look closely at the reflection in the glass door. I think the humanoid was laying in wait to cut the spring, so to speak, that launched "Rocky".
Just an opinion.
Kewl nonetheless.
Wonder if that skwirrel hit a top speed of 135?:p

·
Registered
383 Posts
We get kangaroos to within about 50 meters of our house, They are great to watch when they fight each other. I suppose a 'roo is a bit like a big squirrel.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
They are great to watch when they fight each other. I suppose a 'roo is a bit like a big squirrel.
so they have more torque...although I think there are no black kangaroos, how fast are they when one gets scared and decides to run???:p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts