Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rossa goes in for paint work tomorrow. What do you guys think about these? I'm inclined to drill the bumper prior to the car being done as this is one area they'll be working on and want your insights. TIA, ciao, chris

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,995 Posts
To big, to round; two to too much!

Deer in the headlights, oh dear! Are you going to start on the rally circuit? IMHO -To big, to round; two to too much!

I would just put some good H4 superstar bulbs maybe like OSRAM 64205 Bilux 70/65w in your Elma headlights and install some good 164 shaped driving lights in the OEM fogs location where your blank off plates are now in lower bumper.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Yes to the 75 and no to the 164.

When you described these in the past, I thought you found something to put low in the bumper like in the US cars location.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Totally takes away from the lines of the car. I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
No. They look terrible and destroy the lines of the car. If you must have driving lights, how about some rectangular ones in the lower radiator opening?

Plus, given the plastic bumper outers, I doubt that you will be able to mount them solid enough to hold aim with the wind buffet.

·
Premium Member
9,776 Posts
No. No. noooo. ;) Nothing round on this car. I would say upgrade the headlamps. That will give your 164 the look it needs. Use a good upgraded philips or Osram H1 bulb and you are set. No need for extra driving lights.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
To big, to round; two to too much!

I would just put some good H4 superstar bulbs maybe like OSRAM 64205 Bilux 70/65w in your Elma headlights and install some good 164 shaped driving lights in the OEM fogs location where your blank off plates are now in lower bumper.
+1; aarg!

·
Premium Member
26,995 Posts
Did you hear us yet?

·
Premium Member
15,854 Posts
I for one don't think it looks that bad. These sorts of lights used to be quite common on sports cars. They are in a functional location, much better than down low (when I rallied my Cooper S, I mounted them on the roof rack, really lit up the road ahead). Not needed in Europe but would work out in the US Southwest with it's huge vistas and straight desert roads. I have an old pair of original Super Oscars like those that I was toying with making a removable mount for them on our trip LS in just that location, for when we take one of our extended drives down through the SW. I want to see those deer, antelope, and elk a long way away.

My 91S, no, because it is just my local daily driver.

But, as always, some don't like them, some do, depending on among other things what kind of driving the car is generally used for.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Reminds me of the Lancia rally cars.

If you're adding them for appearance, do what you like. You should have the car the way you want it.

If you're adding them only because you want more light at night, there are some awesome lights nowadays which might not take up that much front-end space.

What matters is that you are happy with your car.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I hear...am I gonna listen :) ? If (BIG if) I do these, the lights proper are the black Hella with the black reflector so they appear black when off. I have a set of Hella Micro DE fogs that are going in the lower opening. I do appreciate the feedback. Rossa is our road car more and more since the 75 has appeared so they'd be of benefit for long distance driving when its dark out (Duh). I have put the H$ bulbs in and do get what appears to be more whiter light, I just want light farther down the roads and these pinpoint beams do that.

Tom, I love the foto, good thing I wasnt sipping anything or I'd have a mess on my keyboard!!! Ciao, off to the body shop..chris

·
Registered
105 Posts
You need to put a bracket to hold the lights. This is a Picture of mine. I might still have it lying around.
My Q4 had driving lights when i bought it, had been driven around way up in the North of Sweden, lots of elk and reindeer up there.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts