Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Better make sure your horn works because pedestrians are probably gonna start stepping out in front of you now on account of they aren't gonna hear you coming.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Better make sure your horn works because pedestrians are probably gonna start stepping out in front of you now on account of they aren't gonna hear you coming.
No they'll hear the growling of the in line fuel pump!

A new pump is on my list but I've read where sometimes a new pump is as loud as the old. If that turns out to be the case I fear it may cost me hundreds to rectify the problem with louder speakers (with tongue planted firmly in cheek)!! M5

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you post the details ?

What part numbers and company did you buy from, at what price ? And they do look like they fit an S3 spider, right ? My exhaust will resemble yours in another few months, so it will make a good winter project in Maryland.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What part numbers and company did you buy from, at what price ? And they do look like they fit an S3 spider, right ? My exhaust will resemble yours in another few months, so it will make a good winter project in Maryland.
I ordered them from autozone. They have OEM Bosals available with lifetime warranties. With discounts and shipping I paid right around $200 for both.

If you go to Autozone.com and type in the exact year and model Spider you have, they will tell you if they are available.

M5

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm about ready to take advantage of the Autozone sale...Are the pipes near as quiet as original equipment or are they racetrack loud ?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They do the trick for me!

I'm about ready to take advantage of the Autozone sale...Are the pipes near as quiet as original equipment or are they racetrack loud ?
My pipes were in the pictured condition when I bought the car.

The new ones IMHO are nice and quiet to me, but still allow for just a bit of a throaty note when accelerating. YMMV.-M5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts