·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
971 Posts
Nice - I was wondering who got it. Now to make mine look that nice....

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Do you like the sofa covers? Definately owned by some Italians! ;)

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yeah, those are awesome. I wish the previous owners of my car had covered everything in sofa covers, it would look a lot newer than it does :p

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi everyone! So today ..did some cleaning and checking of things. Head looks new and clean, radiator looks new without a single bent fin.

Car started fine this am, then I Replaced wrong sized idle air tubes, adjusted throttle body short control arm so that throttles were not cracked open to idle the car. Snugged up the throttle cable a little. tightened intake tube clamps, refit the loose canister tubing...etc..

The car won;t start. When it did run, high high idle which never really came down when hot.

QUESTION: can i adjust the cold start valve to a baseline setting when cold? since I can't seem to get the car started now.

the whole system was not set up correctly when it came to me, now to do a full retune....

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hmmm, was it burning a lot of fuel? Or, are your plugs black & sooty? Maybe the thermostatic actuator is acting up.

In case you're a SPICA newbie, there are great SPICA guides available from Ingram Enterprises, Inc. and the AROC, including a free troubleshooting guide you can find on Wes' site with a bit of digging. Also, a guy who goes by the username "roadtrip" on this board has been very helpful diagnosing SPICA issues in the past. The good news is, once it's set up properly, it's a pretty reliable system... I've done several long-distance road trips in my SPICA cars.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ckeen! No I'm not really a SPICA newbie. Pretty familiar with the standard protocol for spica tuneup and all the info as listed above. I do not have Wes's tune up book, and I may purchase it soon! Roadtrip even wrote a few of the guides. But...I was just hoping that maybe there was another way.....;)

Guess I will try TA test as I know the hot gap was about 1/8th inch

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe I have one of the few rust free alfettas...if you can excuse one 5mm rust bubble at left tail light. Not a significant flake in the wheel wells or engine bay or underneath...

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You might enjoy this vid:

After top to bottom SPICA tuning, she runs like a champ!

Might sound noisy, but that's the idle air screw whistling away

Attachments

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
SOUNDS AWESOME!

Doesn't that sound kinda make you want to run open velocity stacks?? :D

I like this one, too (hint hint lets' hear that 164S motor for your new car) :

You might enjoy this vid:

YouTube - ALFA Romeo Alfetta 2.0 rev

After top to bottom SPICA tuning, she runs like a champ!

Might sound noisy, but that's the idle air screw whistling away

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahhh yes...that was a fine 3.0 engine build if I may say....now somewhere in NY near Buffalo i think...never heard from the buyer except for a few cam/head questions...

Unfortunately, won;t be hearing the 164 for a little while unitl I finish winter fun with the Alfetta and then bodyshop for the gtv6...

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am considering a points-to-electronic ignition...

Any thoughts on:

RML (whole dizzy from IAP)
Petronix
Hot-spark

Is there a way to convert to vaccuum advance with the 4 throttle bodies?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone know Where can I find a center driveshaft bearing for 78 alfetta and 85 gtv6 (Same thing?..support looks the same) Usual vendors don;t seem to have any..

Standard size?

It is not the bearing sold by 'rockauto'

THANKS

·
Registered
971 Posts
Before you go to any great lengths, I've had some driveshaft noises go away just by spending some quality time driving the car... unless it's clearly past it, I would hold off on such a major job.

You might also have perished engine or transaxle mounts - getting some fresh rubber in there cured some vibrations and rattling I was having.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
found them at italcarparts in cali, Thanks

Believe me, it is time for full driveshaft overhaul. and second gear synchro/slider....

·
Registered
971 Posts
Doh! Well, I went through the driveshaft rebuilding a couple of years back, so let me know if you have questions...

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah, they are pricey and seems like I am bothering them when I call....

IAP has the guibos for a good price (less than the GTV6)

1 - 20 of 363 Posts