Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 105 Sprint GT uses a fuel pressure regulator mounted on the left fenderwell, just beneath the front carburetor. The regulator has a glass bowl, and is marked "FISPA TORINO FRB11".

Unfortunately, the gasket between the pot metal housing and glass bowl has become rock-hard with age, and now leaks (this car has been off the road for decades). Does anyone have a source for these gaskets?

Might a NAPA store carry an "O" ring that would be soft enough to fit into the square-cut groove on the regulator housing? Might some material from McMaster-Carr be cut into a ring to make a gasket? If so, what material is fuel proof?

I know that IAP sells a generic fuel regulator (p/n 17259, $112.5) - but I hate to shell out that kind of money when I just need a 25 cent gasket, and end up with a non-original component.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Kengta:

Thanks for the lead to Goeffery Ohland - I must admit that I did try the "search" function on the BB, but didn't find that post.

In the end I solved the problem the low tech way - I took my parts to the local NAPA store, and they sold me a sheet of 5/32nd" thick rubber gasket material which they assure me is compatible with gasoline. I spent some time with a pair of scissors + a utility knife whittling out a replacement gasket. Installed it, and voila!, no leaks.

If anyone else runs into this problem, I have enough material to make another 30 or so gaskets.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Kengta:

Thanks for the lead to Goeffery Ohland - I must admit that I did try the "search" function on the BB, but didn't find that post.

In the end I solved the problem the low tech way - I took my parts to the local NAPA store, and they sold me a sheet of 5/32nd" thick rubber gasket material which they assure me is compatible with gasoline. I spent some time with a pair of scissors + a utility knife whittling out a replacement gasekt. Installed it, and voila!, no leaks.

If anyone else runs into this problem, I have enough material to make another 30 or so gaskets.

Your suggestion of an o'ring also likely would have worked. Soursed at an industrial supplier. I in fact just ordered a diaphragm and ring and filter from Mr Ohand just yesterday.

Ciao

ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts