Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a set of valve adjusting shims. Anyone??? I'll need them within a week so if not I'll buy the IAP set.

Thanks, Paul

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
If you can afford a couple of days of down time you can calculate the size you need and buy the individual shims from IAP. A lot cheaper and if it's a job you don't do that often, it makes sense. I would be willing to check my sizes and swap you for the ones you need. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the KY alfa club has a set that they'd swap shims for the ones you need. After a couple of years of being outbid on ebay, I finally got a set for about $100 last month (approx. 250 shims, about 25% used). A great deal, mainly because the description wasn't very good but I could tell from the picture about how many shims there were. You may want to order the specific ones for this valve job and continue to keep your eye out for a full set in the future.

Bill

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,030 Posts
Valve Shims

I have 32 assorted ones I bought at an Alfa white elephant sale. I can take an inventory but not until Thursday. I'll let them go for $2 each for the lot. Bruce

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the offer Anfanuts. I'll need a whole set.
Bill, I believe our club had a set but who knows where they went. I saw them once. Since I have two Alfas now and plan on having more in the future a set is in order for maintinence reasons.
Paul

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Yes, get the whole set!
That way I know you have the parts to fix my car when I need it!!:D

Thanks again for the big fat bar for MadMax......if it ever cools down I just might get back under the thing......

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll look for the bushings that go with it. I'm going to go ahead and order the set today.OWWWW!

P

1 - 6 of 6 Posts