Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jaeger temperature gauge with european specs generally marked as
"Temp. Acqua". Needed for Series 2 Spider which I understand differ from the pre 70's Alfa's. Has a range of about 50 to 150 deg C.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I have a spare, temp range is from 40-130 Celcius, just like the ones in my 67 and my 69. This spare one is probably a later one, as a number on the housing seems to indicate it was produced in 1970. Maybe other can chime in as to whether there are differences, I think they may be the same, except maybe for the bulb holder ? The spare needs some work...the chrome is not very nice, and there's stuff on the inside of the glass, so you'll need to open it up, clean the glass an replate the chrome

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peter, thanks. Sounds like the gauge I'm looking for and a pic would tell. Kinda looking for one quite presentable since it is going in a complete restoration where the other gaugues are in 9 out 10 state with clear face and good chrome.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I can tell you that this gauge is not a 9 out of 10, it may be a 6 or 7 and it needs to be restored. I found a better one, or got this one in a parts lot, I can't remember, but just kept it in case one of mine breaks. It is certainly doable to restore, I did that to some of my other gauges as well.

I suggest you look for the perfect gauge first, and I keep mine as a spare. If you don't succeed soon, let me know and I'll help you out. You can then have this one for free as long as you agree to make a donation to the AlfaBB.

Peter

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts