Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having my upholstery redone but need a couple of things for it to be right. One of my seat bottom bolsters is badly worn (the foam). Passenger side next to the door. Also the seat support. The verde's is rubber which I'd prefer but can also use the one from a platinum which is wire. This is the support that holds the seat cushion.

Thanks
Don

·
Premium Member
13,515 Posts
Hi Don:
I bought a replacement seat support from an outfit in Leicester, England. It is the one with the rubber center and webbing on the ends. They call it a diaphragm. It was not cheap but it beats a telephone directory stuffed under the seat.. You can find them if you Google Recaro Leicester.

Ed Prytherch

·
Supporting Vendor
4,366 Posts
A good upholsterer can shape new foam cushions for you and re-web the bottom of the seat. If yours can't, perhaps you should look around for a shop that can. I've tried a set of Verde Recaros where the upholsterer made new bottoms and side bolsters and they truly were "better than new".

Often the webbing is repaired with nylon straps similar to the old style folding lawn chairs.

Joe

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My "upholsterer" is not really an upholsterer. He makes seat upholstery kits but doesn't really do the whole thing. Just thought someone may have some recaros that are in bad shape but still had some good parts so I could avoid taking them somewhere else to be fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts