Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a verde drivers mirror. Either just the glass w/ backing or the whole assembly.

thanks
Don

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After looking a bit closer, I think I can use the glass and backing from the passenger side too. They seem to be the same.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Do you know how to take the Verde sideview mirror apart? The quality of that thing is pathetic. The ones made for the 2.5 V6s were 100X better.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know how to take the Verde sideview mirror apart? The quality of that thing is pathetic. The ones made for the 2.5 V6s were 100X better.
It's actually very easy. Between the glass and the housing at the top center you can see the top of a plastic ring. Reach in with a slotted screwdriver or such and rotate the plastic ring counterclockwise (when looking at it from the rear). It won't be easy and it will only rotate about 1/4". All you'll see of the ring is the very top. It's hard to explain but after you have it off you'll understand. Let me know if you don't understand and need pics.

Don

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I wonder if I can use the mirror,housing,motor from a 3.2 and change the base to an Alfa one? Or the 164 one actually. My 3.0 mirrors cannot pivot/fold and it rattles like mad.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I wonder if I can use the mirror,housing,motor from a 3.2 and change the base to an Alfa one? Or the 164 one actually. My 3.0 mirrors cannot pivot/fold and it rattles like mad.
3.2?

You can swap the base of a 164 and a Milano/75 to interchange the mirrors (but not the later auto folding 164 mirrors).

However since you have to pull the mirror apart to do this you might as well just fix the original.

Sometime I will be doing a writeup on how to do this for my web site.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks very much for the BMW tip. I only checked E30 mirrors and they are a perfect replacement for verde glass. I believe they are the same manufacturer. The radius of the corners is slightly different but you can only tell if you put one on top of the other. I went to the yard today and found a replacement and several very nice looking spares.:)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
OK, I think I am missing something. My verde mirror is vibrating so I am trying to take it off, just the glass, I see the notches and they move a little, but the glass is not coming out... What am I missing? Is it counter clockwise on either side? How hard to you have to try to get the backing plate to move?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There will be all sorts of dirt and grime built up behind the mirror. You'll probably have to move the backing plate back and forth several times to get it to break free completely.

I could never get my verde mirrors to not vibrate completely. I finally cut some small sections of clear vinyl tubing and slid over the glass and wedged it into the mirror housing. No more vibrations!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Both my verde mirrors vibrate like crazy. I just took a set off a platinum to replace them, because they are useless when the car is moving.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts