Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Hi Mike,

I assume you're talking about the complete switch assembly for headlights and turn signals. I've got one you can have for $55 plus shipping (about $10 across the country). Some rust on the stalks that will have to be sanded and painted. I'll test it before I send it out. Let me know if you're interested. They used to come up on ebay fairly often but I haven't kept track lately so you might find one cheaper/closer.

Bill Sinclair

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE: headlight turn signal stalk

Yes, I'm interested. Do you know what year it came out of? Do you know if they are year specific and model specific? The reason I ask is I talked to another guy on the BB and his was from a 79 and he indicated that his would not fit mine. I don't know about capatibility issues one way or the other, do you? The price sounds good to me. If we can figure out if it fits my 74 Spider I'd take it. Thanks a bunch for your help.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Hmmmm... I dug out 3 spare stalks: one from a '69 Berlina, one I believe is from a '74 Spider and one from a '79 Spider. The '74 and '79 look identical to me. The only difference between them and the '69 is that the stalk knobs on the '69 have more of a deco look to them. The bad news is that the bakelight contact block on the turn signal of the '74 is melted where the cancellation spring must have broken and shorted. If there is a way to remove the turn signal stalk assembly from the main switch body you could swap the one from the '79 onto the '74 body. I'd just send you the '79 body and stalks but it has a broken wire lead right at the terminal that would be hard to solder securely. I'll try to confirm if the turn signal stalk can be swapped but I won't have a chance to look into it until next week. Perhaps in the meantime someone else will come up with one. Maybe the other BB member will sell you his on the condition that you can return it for a refund if it doesn't fit? Maybe someone else knows for sure about the interchangability between years.

Bill

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill S, thanks for checking, but as Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz said "everything you ever wanted is in your own back yard." A local NWARC club member found two of them for me. Thanks for looking and the info, I appreciate the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts