Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for tan leather headrestratint/headrest for GTV6. Must be in VGC, no cracks or tears. Will pay $50.00 + shipping.
Need_Headrest_pic.jpg

Many thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
They are attached to the seats and are not removable. I had to get mine repaired and it cost roughly $100.00 a piece

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the info - I have found a local upholstery place to handle it. The drivers side headrest is the only place that has cracks (Cali Sun). Gettin' them re-dyed a Palomino as well.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just found out that that was not true at all. Also, drivers/passengers side are the same.
GTV6 Headrests Tan.jpg
I was able to remove them by rocking left-to-right while pulling up.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*BUMP*

Still looking for a good headrest. If you're sitting on a tan seat that's trashed but has a good headrest, now's the opportunity to sell - as you'll probably sit on a trashed seat forever!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
As you are looking for your head rest... the tan seats in GTV6s seem to have come in at least 3 different shades. I've owned 3 GTV6s with the tan leather... one was a golden shade (almost yellow)... one was a dull light brown... and one was more of a natural buckskin color. What I saw in your pic seems to resemble the buckskin I'm familiar with.

I think on black leather, they can achieve a reasonably consistent shade. But, perhaps on a lighter color like tan, they have to more carefully match the dyed hides. As the raw un-dyed leather may not always be the same shade, straight from the cow. Only saying this so you might ask which shade of tan is being offered. Instead of finding out when you open the box.

I probably have an extra in the tan category... but it's the dead light brown shade. So that wouldn't help you.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Toonrboy,

I had replied to this awhile back, but I'll give it another shot. Which of the colors for tan were you looking for? There were at least three shades of tan: golden (nearly yellow), buckskin, and light brown. Were you looking for just one, or both?

BTW: If the head rest yanks off, it's because the set screws aren't tightened down enough. There are tiny set screws near the bottom of each of the tubes that the serrated rods rest in. Difficult to get at.

I have a decent head rest in the light brown shade, if you are interested. Any other GTV6 parts on your shopping list?

Cheers,
Peter
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys,

Scorpion1 i replied to your PM before seeing your post & the Flikr pics. Your headrest is decent, but because of the abrasions (and stains?), leans more towards the minimal standard I'd be interested in. Let me see if I can find a better one. I'll make a decision soon.

Planetmojo,
I'm just looking for one. Tan or Saddle. My whole interior (tan) is going to be re-dyed saddle anyway. I need to see what I'm buying though...

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thanks guys,

Scorpion1 i replied to your PM before seeing your post & the Flikr pics. Your headrest is decent, but because of the abrasions (and stains?), leans more towards the minimal standard I'd be interested in. Let me see if I can find a better one. I'll make a decision soon.

Planetmojo,
I'm just looking for one. Tan or Saddle. My whole interior (tan) is going to be re-dyed saddle anyway. I need to see what I'm buying though...
Hi Toonrboy,
E-mail me at: [email protected]

I'll send you some detail pix and you can decide.
PlanetMojo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts