Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the neverending quest to replace all the parts the PO lost, I find there's supposed to be a white plastic spacer in the socket where the speedometer cable screws to the transmission. Of course, I don't have it, and the cable is rather loose and is perhaps one of the causes of the jittery needle. Anyone have one to spare?

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I just replaced my speedo cable last night and noticed that the new speedo cable I got from IAP apparently doesn't need this spacer anymore! The end that screws into the tranny no longer slides into it, the end essentially caps off the hole instead of sliding into it. I found that one of the leftover Greg Gordon vacuum hoses I had was just the right diameter to have a tight fit in there so I cut off a piece just long enough to fill the hole.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for three distinct and useful solutions. I have a new cable downstairs that I hadn't gotten around to installing yet, so that might be the easiest approach if it eliminates the need for the spacer (why wasn't it that way originally, I wonder?). If that doesn't do the trick, I'll try one or both of the other options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts