Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Weber Air Horns{stacks}

Any particular length you're looking for? Are you auxiliary venturis cut to accept the slip in style?
Keith
Alfas unlimited

·
Registered
870 Posts
Any particular length you're looking for? Are you auxiliary venturis cut to accept the slip in style?
Keith
Alfas unlimited
Keith makes a good point. Original Alfa Webers used an airbox and filter, and the auxiliary venturi's were different, fitting flush to the front face of the carb, which means you can't slide the trumpets in, unlike most other applications.
If you do have these original aux. venturi's, than your options for stacks are :-
bolt-on ones, that utilise the mounting studs already on the carbs, or
get rid of the original aux. venturi's and substitute ones which accept the "slide-in" stacks.

Alternatively, if you are running aftermarket (such as 40DCOE 151's), or a Tipo which has been previously fitted to another make of car, you would be likely to have the aux. venturi's thgat accept stacks.

Hope that helps.
Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keith makes a good point. Original Alfa Webers used an airbox and filter, and the auxiliary venturi's were different, fitting flush to the front face of the carb, which means you can't slide the trumpets in, unlike most other applications.
If you do have these original aux. venturi's, than your options for stacks are :-
bolt-on ones, that utilise the mounting studs already on the carbs, or
get rid of the original aux. venturi's and substitute ones which accept the "slide-in" stacks.

Alternatively, if you are running aftermarket (such as 40DCOE 151's), or a Tipo which has been previously fitted to another make of car, you would be likely to have the aux. venturi's thgat accept stacks.

Hope that helps.
Steve

Steve, i already tried the bolt on ones (as seen in picture) does not work the venturi's pops out when the engine rev's go up. I was told its slip in type. there the old DCOE's. Im looking for slip in with the tabs to hold. Thanks for the tip tho.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hi, yes they are the slide - in type, if the carbs are original Alfa Webers, the auxiliary venturi's must have been changed at some point. Keep looking on Ebay, they do come up regularly.
The venturi's shouldn't come out , even with bolt-on stacks, they should have clips on the outside diameter that locate on the inner diameter of each barrel to hold them in. The spring clips do get deformed and lose their grip though.
Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The spring clips do get deformed and lose their grip though.
Steve

im sure the clips are weak, if i put two fingers in there and tug a little they come out pretty easy, but anyway thats another story :whistling:. For now i'l start with the proper stacks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts