Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vinyl 'decal' (sticker) should be 'approximately' 25" (63 cm - is that right?) from tip of tail to top of crown. Either red or white.

Biba

·
Registered
936 Posts
Biba,
you do know its supposed to be a Saracen in the serpent's mouth, right ?

are you looking for a period correct hood decal for a GTA Jr., or will a modified version do ?

Serpent Autosport sells modified serpent decals :

http://www.serpentautosport.com/graphics_caps_shirts.htm

Classic Alfa sells complete GTA Junior decal kits :

http://www.classicalfa.com/shop/category10_1.htm

i don't know who sells 155DTM style hood serpents. i made the computer artwork myself and had a local vinyl shop cut it out for me, years ago. but i seem to have lost the art :(

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Biba-
Charlie at Serpent Autosport (link above) will make them in custom sizes which is a cool option. Good quality too.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dion, Jeff, thanks a lot. I have to admit this started out as sort of a joke since Mark of "MadMax" (great thread) fame found a snake (or it found him) in MM as he was tooling around. The thread has quickly changed to snakes and since I suggested he'd need an Alfa one on his Alfetta GT, and he agreed, thought I'd see if any were available.

Regarding my comment about the snake eating the baby, have to admit it's a variation on the infamous "The Dingo ate my baibe" bit an Australian woman claimed some years ago.

I'm also going to do a bit of a strange paint job on my spare Alfetta GT and have thought about installing an, ahem, serpent eating a Saracen on my sunroof. Since there are more than a few flying about, figured helicopter pilots might enjoy it.

Ulp! Just measured the sunroof and it's 14" x 31 ". Might have to put the serpent on a diet for my application. A bit weird, eh?

Biba

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
. . . installing an, ahem, serpent eating a Saracen on my sunroof. Since there are more than a few flying about, figured helicopter pilots might enjoy it.
Dude, you're in SoCal. half of the commuters on the road will be lookin' down onto the roof of your Alfa from their big, stupid SUVs . . .

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, I've been living here long before SUV's were invented. Think the snake, oops, the serpent will scare them away? You are right in that Alfas are looked down at by 'that crowd'.

Biba

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Dude (I like that!)-
We take our snakes seriously...as an aside, in the late 60's I worked at the old Irwindale Drag Strip, as did all of my runnin' buddies. Dave Teter was the boss, along with Harry Snider-the guy who started In & out. Hmmmm...animal burgers! Those guys were paying kids $7.50/hr at the time, serious money!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Start the Stopwatch...

Perhaps not politically correct in today's world--but the snake is eating a Saracen !!

Greg

How long before the "Saracens" go after Alfa to drop the snake altogether? :mad:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I haven't heard of a fatwah against the snake, yet.

But then, mebbe we'll git around to playin' cowboys & saracens before that happens !!

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts