Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a spare set of 105 "Small" ATE front uprights and hubs they want to part with in the SEQ area? I'm converting from Dunlops to ATEs.

Thanks!
Ben

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hey Ben,
Sounds good,But why wouldnt you put 2 litre front brakes,uprights + hubs.
Cost about the same,and twice as big,unless you have 15 inch wheels.
What year model?.

Robert

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Robert your up early/late!
Ben, I will check at home as I have a few front uprights and hubs but I think they are all dunlop. The small ATEs on my SUper will be available early next year hopefully as I am putting a 2L in and need the big ATEs.
Yes what year is your car?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved, I have a complete 2l setup on its way...
Although I'll probably still be chasing a set of "small" uprights for the GTV6 calipers later...
The car is a 66 GT Veloce

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Problem solved, I have a complete 2l setup on its way...
Although I'll probably still be chasing a set of "small" uprights for the GTV6 calipers later...
The car is a 66 GT Veloce
Stick with the 2.0l brakes would be my suggestion.

The pad size is the same as the V6, but they are steel and although heavy do not flex - which is more than I can say for the brembos on mine....:( I'd be a very happy camper if I could get my V6 to stop as well as the 105.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stick with the 2.0l brakes would be my suggestion.

The pad size is the same as the V6, but they are steel and although heavy do not flex - which is more than I can say for the brembos on mine....:( I'd be a very happy camper if I could get my V6 to stop as well as the 105.
But a 105 is somewhere around 200kg lighter than the GTV6? I remember the change ride/feel in my 116 GTV when I converted t narrowed GTV6 Brembos, the reduction in unsprung weight was the main thing...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
yep, and 200 kilos is an f'ing lot too.

I had a guest drive in the old man's group N 2.0 105 at the supersprint state championships and I could brake sooo much later in that compared to my GTV6 - guess what, it weighs 1050, the V6 weighs 1250. Weight is the enemy of speed!

To get V6 braking anything like that is going to need bigger discs, better calipers, a pedal box, .... lots of money. Lap times weren't that far off though (mmm, V6 power).

Anyway, it may be worth it for the unsprung - how much diff is there? Couple of kilos total? Cost a bomb to save that via wheels.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep, and 200 kilos is an f'ing lot too.

I had a guest drive in the old man's group N 2.0 105 at the supersprint state championships and I could brake sooo much later in that compared to my GTV6 - guess what, it weighs 1050, the V6 weighs 1250. Weight is the enemy of speed!

To get V6 braking anything like that is going to need bigger discs, better calipers, a pedal box, .... lots of money. Lap times weren't that far off though (mmm, V6 power).

Anyway, it may be worth it for the unsprung - how much diff is there? Couple of kilos total? Cost a bomb to save that via wheels.
Yeah, its something like 5+kg a side (maybe 7kg compared to the Big ATEs?)... I sure noticed it when I did the swap on my old Alfetta GTV.
Funny thing is, I suspect my road car is going to handle and stop better than my racecar ever will... 1500kg of XY falcon takes a bit of hauling up.... mind you, the 500+hp on tap will be handy i guess.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Would love to see your Falcon some time - where do you race it?

We have a GTR XU1 race car in the family so are partial to historic racing cars (not just Alfas!).

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Would love to see your Falcon some time - where do you race it?

We have a GTR XU1 race car in the family so are partial to historic racing cars (not just Alfas!).
Its still under coinstruction, currently waiting on me to put the front suspension back together, install a rooflining, build the new motor and exhaust... lol.

I'm planning on running Group Nc occasionally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts