Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW GUY HERE,LOOKING FOR A SPIDER(always wanted one) anyway, new job and lost my company car and while i have a toyota suv(landcruiser) i am looking for a fun car that i can still use to get back and forth to work(10 mile commute one way)so thinking a later spider might be better(though the S3 dash pods are more attractive to me) So i dont want a project but perfect it dont have to be!! been looking at a couple of 91/93 cars so if anyone has an interesting offer give me a shout.not in a real hurry but if i find what i want thats great.

thanks again

doug hunt

·
Premium Member
9,804 Posts
NEW GUY HERE,LOOKING FOR A SPIDER(always wanted one) anyway, new job and lost my company car and while i have a toyota suv(landcruiser) i am looking for a fun car that i can still use to get back and forth to work(10 mile commute one way)so thinking a later spider might be better(though the S3 dash pods are more attractive to me) So i dont want a project but perfect it dont have to be!! been looking at a couple of 91/93 cars so if anyone has an interesting offer give me a shout.not in a real hurry but if i find what i want thats great.

thanks again

doug hunt
I have a really nice 1991 red spider coming up for sale soon with 83K on it. Very well taken care of. Owner fixed every little thing on it, was very detail oriented. Once I get the go I will let you know if interested and send some pictures once taken. Everything is good but I will be checking it over to make a list of things that need to be repaired if any.
Top is excellent and I think nearly new, Interior is flawless, paint as well. May have 1 ding from memory. Just recently serviced with a valve adjustment, new exhaust and we where planning on new bilstiens and bushings throughout until the owner had to move to NY. So that is the reason for selling.
Let me know?
Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Jason, sure , when u get it in just pm or post up and send me some pics i am definately interested in looking at a few right now!!!

doug hunt

·
Registered
138 Posts
1983 Spider Veloce

I'm partial to the older instrument pods myself... the 1986 and newer ones fit the cars of their era but I love the 1983-5 cars that have older instruments and wood steering wheel with the exterior updates. My main current Spider is such an '83 and is posted at http://photos.alfa-base.com/Rinata I've done a bare metal renovation and repaint, redone and upgraded the interior, and added some performance enhancements (Euro headers, air filter, Stebro stainless exhaust) to make this a very happy Spider. New top and tires etc. It's totally reliable; I drove it to Detroit and back for this year's Alfa convention and it did well both in track event and concours. I am not really looking to sell this car but if it rings someone's bell I'll listen to offers since I am raising funds to restore my '61 Spider.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
love the color on your '83 spider, and yes i too prefer the dash pods of the pre 86 spiders , but i have really fell for the front end treatment of the 91's(body color bumper) and so i am torn,

and have REALLY been busy at my new job(which is the real reason for the spider, a short commute that i would rather make in a spider instead of my landcruiser)

so i havent decided on any car yet

doug hunt

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
BoxerCrazy;440615 said:
Thanks,i watched youur "short street video" all i can say is WOW that thing sounds awesome!!!

doug hunt
Thanks, The general feeling around my house hold is it's too loud but I like it and it's street legal. It has a 2.5 ss exhaust system with a Bola flow through center muffler (no front resonator or rear muffler) In place of the front resonator I have an engineered merge collector from Burns Stainless.

Got pics just don't know how to attach
This is how I do it:

In your camera software go to edit and change the size of the picture to meet the upload requirements of 600 x 600. I found with my pictures you have to reduce it to 25%. If you crop the picture to just have the car in it and nothing else it will come out better.

Or you can scan the picture and save it in your documents.

Then in the manage attachments under "Additional Options" go to browse to find the picture you want to upload.

·
Registered
106 Posts
'85 triple-black S3 FS in NC

Doug,

After twenty-eight years, I'm out of the repair business, but I sold this car fifteen years ago to this fellow and it is really beautiful. He's in the armed forces and has put around 2K (mileage) on average a year on it and kept it up extremely well.

You can see pics and a short description at Krause & Associates, LLC - For Sale

-Peter
Krause & Associates, LLC - Home

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
85 for sale

tried just now when i got in from work but your site is down?

will try again later tonite or tomorrow evening as my work has a firewall and most "auto" related sites are blocked.AlfaBB and ferrarichat are good to go,(thank god) for small favors :)

thanks

doug hunt

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
i dont know why but i still cant get to your site Peter(and i think i have been there before, following a link from ferrarichat)

i will keep trying though and if its not too much trouble , send some pics my way at dhunt at crestservices dot com and/or stingray230sx at suddenlink dot net.

thanks again

doug hunt

tried again at 9:25pm still cant get on this site :-(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Peter just wanted to say thanks for recommending a car for me.
I finally got to see it thru work,and now i can get to your site from home(go figure).
im still looking for the right spider ,i think the black looks great but the black interior is my last choice(it looks great ,i just prefer tan, or wish these older cars has come in red!)plus i am crazy about S4 front bumper treatment right now!!!

thanks again

doug hunt

1 - 20 of 22 Posts