Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day

I am looking to purchase a RHD steering Column shroud for a 65-67 GTV or GTA
The part is need to help finish the restoration of a Horst Kwech GTA.

Thanks

Bob

1965 RHD GTA Corsa Ex Horst Kwech Trans-Am and B-Sedan Champion

Attachments

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Bob,

I'd try contacting the usual suspects in the UK, Australia, South Africa etc - and, inevitably, eBay ...

I'd be surprised if Max at Alfaholics didn't have something in the barn, but you could also try Veloce Sport, Highwood, EB Spares, Classic Alfa (they might have something sitting on a shelf) or place an advert on the UK AROC website. Try searching this site if all else fails. I regularly search for parts so I'l let you know if I find anything.

Alex.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob,

I'd try contacting the usual suspects in the UK, Australia, South Africa etc - and, inevitably, eBay ...

I'd be surprised if Max at Alfaholics didn't have something in the barn, but you could also try Veloce Sport, Highwood, EB Spares, Classic Alfa (they might have something sitting on a shelf) or place an advert on the UK AROC website. Try searching this site if all else fails. I regularly search for parts so I'l let you know if I find anything.

Alex.
Alex thanks for the advice and links. Max tried and is still looking but had no luck. Roman has remade the part but if I can find an original shroud I would prefer using it.

Bob

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have purchased the parts needed

Alex thanks for your referral. I bought a good bottom half from Chris at Highwood Alfas in the UK and purchased another complete RHD steering shroud from Robert Panetta of Manning Motors in NSW Australia as shown above. I will combine the best two parts and we should be good to go

Thanks to all

Bob

1965 RHD GTA Corsa Ex Horst Kwech 1966 Trans-Am and B-Sedan Champion

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Always good to see another small part of a jigsaw puzzle falling into place. Can't wait to hear of the day you finally get that car running under its own steam! :)

Cheers,

Alex.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
If Bob doesn't bite, I might! Send me an email :)

Alex.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
I'm setting up a business and I've always done my best work in the middle of the night - must be a hangover from student days! Thank goodness I function well on about 5 hours sleep ... :D

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
rear view mirror 1964-67 105 gt veloce gta

Hey Can Am Bob.

Following your recent phone call,i went searching and opened up a few cupboards and found this mirror.
Im pretty sure it is correct for your GTA.
Its the same as on a 1966 giulia sprint gt that i have here at the moment.
Yes,the car that was in the KFC commercial.
Maybe its the mirror you are looking for.

Robert

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hi Rob,

Just sent you a Private Message relating to a different topic.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Hey Shire GTV.

I just replied to it.
Phone me here at work.Its easier

Robert

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Received all the parts from Manning Motors

Roman Auto Prep received the steering column and rear view mirror bracket from Robert Panetta of Manning Motors in NSW. It is great to be able to tap into resources half way around the world via the AlfaBB and get those hard to find parts. Robert thanks again for prompt shipment and help in my restoration.

Bob

1965 RHD GTA Corsa Ex Horst Kwech 1966 Trans-Am and B-Sedan Champion

1 - 20 of 32 Posts