Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No longer for sale, going to keep the car.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump and an update:
The M is now on eBay and Autotrader so my search will intensify

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
My wife says my current car is too fast for me so I am looking to get back into an Alfa.

I would "prefer" black interior and anything except red exterior (been there, done that). High miles and some interior cosmetic work dont scare me. I would prefer no exterior paint issues. However, as long as the car is mechanically solid, I am open to any Series 4. I have owned almost a dozen Alfa's so far so I am aware of their "character traits".

My max price is around $7000-$7500 and would prefer the Atlanta area.

If interested, I have a 98 BMW M roadster (red exterior, solid black interior) in very nice shape with lots of extras like cross drilled rotors, re-enforced rear, etc. 3.2 liter, 240 Hp, 0-60 in 5.4 secs. More details can be found here BMW M Registry - FAQ E36/7 M roadster High miles for some (154k) but NADA is still $12k low retail for this car. It runs/drives/looks great and is my daily driver.

I am about to put it on the market at $11,000. So I would be loking for an alfa + negotiable amount of cash if a trade is possible. No trade, no biggie. My plan is to buy an alfa first, then sell the M. They are rare so they sell very quick. (More details & photos can be provided if needed.)

So if you have a Series 4 for sale in the Atlanta area, let me know.

Chris

Nice BMW, good luck with the sale and search for an S4. They are great cars. I would be interested to know what you end up with and, if you care to share, eventual purchase price.

PS: Just noticed your signature...I had that one for a while!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will....

Chris

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
My wife says my current car is too fast for me so I am looking to get back into an Alfa.
:mad:Wait just a freakin' minute. Was I just insulted:confused:.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:mad:Wait just a freakin' minute. Was I just insulted:confused:.
I wondered if anyone would catch that, too funny...

No insult intended. Alfa's are more sport & style than speed. The M is just plain fast...

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
I wondered if anyone would catch that, too funny...

No insult intended. Alfa's are more sport & style than speed. The M is just plain fast...

Chris
Yeah, I noticed that too...har har har...
Really though the Alfa FEELS fast even going slower!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The MG midget I once had felt realy fast because it was 2 inches off the ground and the size of a large toaster. Speed is all relative according to Einstein. or was that mass is relative, I can never remember....

Chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He thinks he's funny, but obviously hasn't noticed the overwhelming response to help him find his car... :p

Best regards,

I appreciate any opportunity to get a free bump!

Chris

·
Weaving a Spider's Web.
1,154 Posts
I got one S4 off of Ebay and 1 from a member on this site. I also checked Craigslist daily. Good luck with your hunt.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I appreciate any opportunity to get a free bump!

Chris
Well, I'll bump this thread one more time then... :)

This time of year, not many Spiders come to market simply because it is very hard to sell one. They go really cheap during the cold weather months. I've seen Spiders on ebay get no bids during the winter months, and later on sell for twice what the owners were willing to take when first offered. Definitely your $7k-$7.5k budget is a realistic "winter" price, but it won't cut it when the warm weather returns. Series 4 Spiders can easily break $10k, as many are still fairly new and have not yet gone through the cycle where each new owner really wants a Spider but can't really afford its upkeep. Watch ebay (ask the BB to comment on potential cars) and watch the For Sale forum here, and you should see nice deals come up in the immediate future.

Best regards,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am hoping to pick up a deal during the off season. I have been watching ebay & scouring autotrader as well as local papers. I have also stopped by the local alfa shop to see if there are any spider owners with baby'itis that need to give their alfa a new (and good) home....Atlanta's a big market and I am patient

Thanks for the all the advice...

Chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fairness dictates the following counter point. The victim in this drag race is a Cobra. I do belive Greg Gordon is driving the winner (an Alfa).

Chevy Chase
There's always someone faster out there....besides, I am looking for a spider
(standard 2 liter, I dont mean the bonnevile spider.) not a 6 cyl GT, too hard get the top down on one of those....

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts