Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please don't be too harsh on me after checking out the photos. I'm done crying and need to move on. Car in question is a '91 164 S with an "almost" pristine Recaro interior. I thought our garage was rodent free, however mice took up residence under the rear seat over the winter. Thankfully this is the only damage.

My capable upholsterer can make a repair using a small piece of leather about 3" wide x 12" long, or with a larger piece, replace the entire section. There's nothing that matches this in his sample book from Re-originals.

Anyone have a piece to sell or know a supplier who may?

As best I can measure the hole size is 1/16" with the distance between the holes 7/16" measured the long way, and 5/16" the short way.

No damage to the GTV interior parked alongside.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Can't be of any help on the location of the material. I DO feel your pain though. We have had alot of rain here in Texas lately and its running the critters out of the fields and ditches into drier locals... like cars.. cabinets... houses.. Crickets, mice, frogs... Get some "bar bait" or something to keep them at bay. Your upholstery guy can probably come up with something very close and replace the entire panel.

·
Registered
9,308 Posts
Have you tried contacting Recaro directly?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good idea, I didn't realize they have a N.A. branch. Thanks for linking the contact form. I wonder if they have a minimum purchase of if they support old products. Will give 'em a try.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just giving this old post a bump since none of the suggested suppliers I've tried have been able to come up with anything. Ideally I'd like to find a whole replacement panel with the padding and stitching intact.
If anyone has a worn, used seat with the same leather, you might check for good material on the back side. The map pockets are made from the same stuff.
I'll even take a tan piece and dye it black if necessary.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Dear Paulsle,

Just a thought... and its a bit off the wall BUT Ford used the same pattern in their late 90's Eddie Bauer ED Explorer, its not a 100% perfect match BUT its REALLY CLOSE. The Late 80's Mercedes Benz and BMW 3 series also used the same or similar pattern. Also, I am a little surprised that your upholstery guy didnt suggest purchase of some random swatch of matching grain leather and poke hole in it using the original as a template...

I hope this helps give you options.

Cheers
Martin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts