Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me locate 1 or more of these wheels? They are 14x7 Melber "Major" wheels. They were sold by Shankle in the 70's. I have 2 sets, but unfortunately 1 wheel was recently broken. I'd buy a whole set, 3, 2, or 1 wheel!

Erik

Attachments

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let's just say that the wheel is beyond repair:(! It's pretty much broken in half. Anyone know where I can find any?

Erik

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couldn't find the ebay wheels. Do you have an auction # or description I could use to find them?

Erik

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I found the auction to which you referred. It is for 3 BWA wheels, not the Melber's I'm looking for.

Erik

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the message Andrew, but believe it or not, those wheels are also different!

Erik

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone have any leads on finding some Melbers?

Erik

·
Richard Jemison
7,625 Posts
Wheel in pic?

Erik, You should check, is that a crack in the wheel pictured???:eek:
Hope not!
Rj

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still looking for Melber Major wheels in 4x108 size. I did find some in the Alfetta/Fiat 4x98 pattern. If anyone has to have some for their transaxle car, let me know and I will point you to the seller.

Erik

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Erik, I have one for an Alfetta with one slite ding in the bead area. I would let that go to anyone interested for not much. How did the wheel break? I have a set on my spider done in gold and I just love them, I hope there is not an inherent weakness because I'd like to run them on my Montreal also. Thanks and Good Luck. Victor Galich, 714-785-7621

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Time to renew my annual request for any of these wheels! I don't think I ever answered the question from Victor. The wheels are very strong, but they don't handle being crashed into a concrete barrier at high-speed!

I know there must be some wheels out there. Please help!

Erik

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, this is my first contribution to this amazing website so I hope the link works. I often check out the Italian websites for rare wheels and bought a nice set of 6.5x 14 Campagnolos last year for my 1970 GT Jnr. I do like the Melbers but haven't seen a set of 7x14 for sale. However, there is a nice set of 8x14 ones for sale, see the link below.

Brian

If the link doesn't work go to Annunci gratuiti Subito.it - Annunci Case, Auto, Moto, Offerte lavoro e annunci Usato and search for cerchi alfa romeo - Accessori Auto - Tutta l'Italia

Ruote 14x8 - alfa romeo giulia gt - Accessori Auto In vendita Frosinone

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
I ran a turboed Alfetta Sports Sedan until it was rear-ended.

Sold it around twelve years ago to Bill Daemkie (spelling?) , some three years ago I talked with someone at the Monte Sheldon Ralley who had bought it. It had been left parked at his place.

Can't remember his name but he was active in AROO. Maybe someone on the BB can help.

It had four of those Shankle wheels on it.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Bob. The ones I am in search of are the 4x108 Spider/GTV wheels. The 4x98 Alfetta wheels would look really nice on a transaxle car, but I don't have one right now!

Erik

I ran a turboed Alfetta Sports Sedan until it was rear-ended.

Sold it around twelve years ago to Bill Daemkie (spelling?) , some three years ago I talked with someone at the Monte Sheldon Ralley who had bought it. It had been left parked at his place.

Can't remember his name but he was active in AROO. Maybe someone on the BB can help.

It had four of those Shankle wheels on it.

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Oh well maybe someone with an Alfetta may follow it up..Did not realize the bolt patterns were different.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sorry to thread hijack, but i would be seriously interested in the wheels subtle mentioned with 4x98 bolt pattern. I have a lancia with this bolt pattern and really would like to upgrade the stock wheels and like these, not sure they will fit but at least the bolt pattern matches. I will send a pm to subtle, now back to your regular scheduled programing. Cheers

·
Registered
256 Posts
Eric, Theres a set of 105 series Melber alloys on Ebay Italy at this very moment,
They look in nice condition too

best of luck

Dave.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts