Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm just about to get my tax refund back and I'm looking to get my first Alfa, I've been floating abut for a couple of years and I think nows a good time. I'm looking to spend between 2-3k for a project/ driver. I am in the Boston area and can travel most of the northeast to see a car.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I have one of the nicest 164 S's around and wouldn't sell if for $15 K !

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think HeavyMetalAlfa in Maine still has a pretty cool black one for sale at his shop in that price range. Plus he's a great resource to have if you do buy a GTV6 or Milano.

·
Registered
464 Posts
2-3K won't buy you much of a GTV6 but can get a mechanically passable 164 if you're able to fix some stuff yourself. If your sole daily driver I'd recommend a 164, esp as you live in the NE. I'd look for something with at least a good suspension and drivetrain; most other things can be fixed economically. If looking to compliment another driver with something more fun on nice days, then I'd say save some more money and buy a decent GTV6. Both great cars but very different. Keep in mind that either can end up being very expensive if you buy a basket case. Good luck but be forewarned, it's an addiction and you're contemplating a gateway drug now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts