Hattie

·
Premium Member
27,154 Posts
Anyone know of a supplier for these?

Thanks,

Hattie
Jason, Difatta, IAP, Vicks, Centerline and Alfa Parts are just a few vendors

Order correct roller bearing for 164 tranny input shaft now 46403722 aka 60810762 (old number).

Also order new style TO bearing guide shaft 46411951 that covers up bearing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked with Vick and IAP first - no such luck. It appears that Jason does have them at Alfissimo though (thanks elite!) I'm in the midst of a complete rebuild on the S since the #2 piston now has a valve head embedded in it :-( and this fix was recommended since the car is at the mileage when they fail.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Seems like a handful of us had this happen at the same time with our 164's!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess we're all in the valley of late. Since July it's been the starter and alternator on the spider, timing belt tensioner, serpentine belt idler bearing and engine failure on the 164 and now the Milano is running a bit rough - think it may be a fuel/air mixture problem. Now that the new alternator is on the Spider I can start running that problem down. It's inconsistent which is irritating as all get out. Thanks again for the help!

Hattie

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
No problem, here to help! Good luck with your stable :) check out the 164 technical forums for more advice on your project(s).

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now Jeff, if you had just bought the darn Milano last fall I wouldn't be having this problem :) How are things in AR?

Hattie

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Things are going pretty well. I have some minor issues with my Spider, but it's driveable. I need to track down an intermittent cold start issue. At 190+K, the 164S is due for a rebuild. I'm doing the world's slowest head gasket replacement on the GTV6. Somewhere in the queue lurks my GTV project. Which one are you driving to the Fall Fling? Are you planning a full rebuild on the 164?
Regards,

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had minor issues with my Spider as well - hooking up a coolant supply line to the air intake is just not the way to go :). Had to replace the starter after it stranded me in Branson and refused to start back in May. Took me two weekends but I did it mostly by myself. So, I was reassembling after the install and things went awry. Glenn B has a good story to tell now....I'm sure you can ask him about it at Fall Fling and he'll tell you.

Not sure if I'm doing FF or not. Will most likely bring the 164 if I go since I'm spending my entire bonus on the darn thing. Yep, full rebuild on the engine - don't really have a choice there. So, it is in bits and pieces in the garage right now. I steam cleaned the outside of the block - it's very shiny now. Hope to have everything done by end of the month :) and then I can put on the new front bumper and fog lights I bought before the engine bit it.

Hattie

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Stay away from Branson-it's an evil place no matter how it is advertised.
I will only tell you privately how I blew the GTV6 head gasket...you better show up in one of those heaps!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was a girl's weekend - I didn't pick the location. Branson is evil. You're on Jeff - guess I should offer to do the rally now that I'm going :). Know the story is worth the trip!

Thanks,

Hattie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts