Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of selling off a few of my current cars including my Volvo P122 race car...I really want another Alfa race car. I really like fellow BB'er Giffords '67 GTV race car that he has for sale, but don't currently have the funds. Part of me also wants to race something different. Roman and I have discussed building a fairly stock Guilia Super race car, but I'm in need of a shell to start with. I would also be open to a Berlina shell too.

So does anyone on the BB have a rust free example of a pre '73 Guilia Super or Berlina that perhaps has a trashed interior that I don't need anyway?

I'm in Michigan, but I'm willing to have the right car shipped. Send me an email to [email protected] if you have something that might work.

Thanks,

Peter

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Peter,

Thanks for the kind words about my car. You do realize that you will end up putting more money into a racecar project if you start from scratch, than you would buying one that's already done? Granted, you wouldn't be able to say "I built it myself", but you would be on the track sooner.

My car is looking better by the minute isn't it! Just give it some thought.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peter,

Thanks for the kind words about my car. You do realize that you will end up putting more money into a racecar project if you start from scratch, than you would buying one that's already done? Granted, you wouldn't be able to say "I built it myself", but you would be on the track sooner.

My car is looking better by the minute isn't it! Just give it some thought.
Oh believe me I know. But I can also spread the pain over 8-12 months instead of one lump sum!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's my 1963 Giuilia that will be a race car in the near future. The cars in decent shape considering how cheaply I bought it:D

I'm going to build a very stock-like race car this time as opposed to the all out race car that Roman built for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
I know of a (professional roll-cage built!) and sand-blasted (rust gone) - ready for minor repairs Giulia Super for sale. The car also has an optional 1600 race motor prepared by Dawie de Villiers of Glenwood Motors-fame in South Africa!

This is an available race-car project completely stripped with all parts needed for rebuild! Gearbox/differential combinations TBD, but available!

Give me a buzz at 425.941.4747 or email me at [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts