Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a GTV.

I am in Chicago currently, but would not mind picking up or shipping if the deal is right.

I have waited a long time to be able to post this. :p

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I bought a sheet-load of parts for the rust bucket GTV I used to own, off eBay. I sold my Spider and also purchased my current GTV on eBay. I am currently selling off excess Alfa parts on eBay.

Check out this Pat Brayden article on my GTV auction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow guys, thanks for all the info so far.

I have to say, I cant wait to be part of this community.

I have been a BMW 2002 fanatic for quite some time,
looking to add another relic to the family there is just
something about these Alfas that blows away anything else.

A simple elegance maybe? Germans make great cars,
but I look at a GTV and see more than just that.

·
Registered
486 Posts
If you are wondering why the 1966 Duetto (located in MA) linked to above has got no bids yet - it's because the seller doesn't respond to emails!!

I emailed him asking if I could see the car (it's local for me) and he never responded.

Me thinks I smell a rat! Watch out (or at least get to see the car before bidding). He may be hoping a distance person gets it sight unseen, rather than dealing with a local.

YMMV

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Ya gotta wonder when he refers to the duetto as an "Alfa Romero" and its listed as having an auto tranny!!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yeah - a real enthusiast.

You know your car's seen better days when its best feature is that "the seats adjust smoothly".

"Well sir, it's true 2nd gear doesn't work, but boy look at those seats move back and forth. Poetry in motion. Oh don't worry about the odometer not working - that'll increase the resale value. Do you want to buy the extra paint treatment with that sir?"

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yia sou Niko, ti humor!!!!!!!! Ame tora na paris ena amaxi apo to Ebay, kai na min pas na to kitaxis!!!!!!!! Ti malakes pou eparhoun sto cosmo!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Dunno. It's all Greek to me.

Dare I ask for a translation?

·
Registered
484 Posts
I was just complimenting Nikos F on his sense of humor!! Also, I recommended that people purchasing a car from Ebay, should make the effort to physically inspect the car. I think it's important in the interest of avoiding surprises.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts