Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to purchase or borrow four 5.50x14 Goodyear Sports Car Special NOS or even used tires for my GTA. Roman is doing a fantastic job restoring the GTA to its 1966 livery and we need some original style race tires from the era for show. The car has been invited to the Amelia Island Concours and the correct tires would add to period presentation. I have attached photos of one NOS original tire. These are for show only and can be hard as a rock.

Thanks Bob

1965 RHD Corsa GTA 1966 Trans-Am and SCCA B-Sedan Champion

Attachments

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The ex- Henry Manney Jr. GTA (white w/ Italian stripes) that was driven also by Denise McLuggage used to have a set of those on there in the mid 80's. If you can make out the current owner it might be worth checking with them - last know owner Peter Natolia? Pictures of the car were posted here on the BB at some point in time by Biscione.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Bob,

I would inquire with both of them for leads. I know someone that was able to get these 14" tires from Goodyear a few years ago. Maybe worth a try.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Bob,

these are the best that I could find, have a set of 4. They are probably from the mid 1970's. If they suit, consider them available for your use and we can work out any other details as required.

Ciao

Ken

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Not to thread-jack, but Don Jaharis's GTA had this model tire on it when he got it from Lew Dowdy (1978ish), and he ground the "Not for Highway Use" legend off before going to the DMV for his road-license inspection). I think they're identifiable in the pictue.

Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for checking

Bob,

these are the best that I could find, have a set of 4. They are probably from the mid 1970's. If they suit, consider them available for your use and we can work out any other details as required.

Ciao

Ken
Ken I think I found a NOS set of the 5.50/14 so if they come thru I am good.
Thanks for your efforts. We still have to sort out the tail light trade.

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts