Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for complete assemblies preferably, but without trim rings is okay. Thank you very much in advance.

·
Administrator
3,814 Posts
The last set I saw was at AFRA......

Afra have the repro bowls here - Afra s.a.s. - Alfa Romeo Giulietta Vintage spare parts

They have the glass headlights here - Afra s.a.s. - Alfa Romeo Giulietta Vintage spare parts

OK Parts in Germany have the repro rings in chrome here - OKP Parts and Engineering GmbH

And in aluminium here - OKP Parts and Engineering GmbH

Classic Alfa in the UK have the rubber seals - http://www.classicalfa.com/products/750%2d246-HEADLIGHT-SEALS-%2d-750-SPRINT-&-BERLINA-(5").html

The final result will be a Lightweight wallet !!

Aye
Greig

Series I & II Sprints
Series I & II Spiders
Series II Ti......(hmmm.....something missing here...)

·
Administrator
3,814 Posts
Please can you start a new thread here on the Giulietta section and post some pictures of your 'Special" plus some history

Giulietta powered 'Specials' are rather thin on the ground, off-hand I can only think of the Colani, the Asardo & the GSM Dart-Alfa's.

Cheers
Greig

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greig,
It isn't Giulietta powered, but rather powered by a Type 102 2-Liter. Should be interesting when done and was built as the "Canlas Special" named after the original builder's name- Ambrosio Canlas.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The last set I saw was at AFRA......

Afra have the repro bowls here - Afra s.a.s. - Alfa Romeo Giulietta Vintage spare parts

They have the glass headlights here - Afra s.a.s. - Alfa Romeo Giulietta Vintage spare parts

OK Parts in Germany have the repro rings in chrome here - OKP Parts and Engineering GmbH

And in aluminium here - OKP Parts and Engineering GmbH

Classic Alfa in the UK have the rubber seals - 750-246 HEADLIGHT SEALS - 750 SPRINT & BERLINA (5") - Classic Alfa

The final result will be a Lightweight wallet !!

Aye
Greig

Series I & II Sprints
Series I & II Spiders
Series II Ti......(hmmm.....something missing here...)
I don't see any PROIETTORI CARELLO on the repro (see my 1955 ring in foto). Am i right?

IMG_0569.jpg

·
Administrator
3,814 Posts
Correct, the repro's are not stamped - I heard a rumour several years ago that it was to avoid a trademark infringement or the such like....

Greig

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hold out for a NOS or just O(ld) if you want the stamp. The reproductions are so d*mned expensive that for the same (or even less?) you can get the real thing.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Hold out for a NOS or just O(ld) if you want the stamp. The reproductions are so d*mned expensive that for the same (or even less?) you can get the real thing.
Yep, provided you can find them, as in real life its not always that simple and easy, as for some parts and especially for early cars like these, you can wait years untill they surface on i. e. Ebay and then if unlucky, you loose that bidding anyway as thousends others are after the same part too.....

Dennis

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
The headlight rings on my '57 are stamped, and I am pretty sure they are reproductions, all be it a number of years old. I still have the originals, and they look exactly the same.

Also, is it possible that the assemblies were also used on some other cars (non-Alfa)? I doubt Alfa was the only company to use this size of head light.

I looked for a very long time for windshield wiper parts, only to find that they were also used on the Porsche 356. The parts were available from a place in Ohio, and I had them in less than a week once I learned that.

Scott

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I looked for a very long time for windshield wiper parts, only to find that they were also used on the Porsche 356. The parts were available from a place in Ohio, and I had them in less than a week once I learned that.

Scott
For those looking for the same items and if correct they are compatible with Alfa´s, I found out there are many more windshield wipers and parts for sale on TheSamba, 356 section, then i. e. on Ebay 750-101 Giulietta/Giulia section.....

Dennis

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Stoddard.com has lots of stuff for the 6mm SWF wipers, as used on early Sprints. Great quality, not absurdly expensive, just expensive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts