Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Giulia

Dirk,

This dealer had the car on eBay:

eBay Motors: Alfa Romeo : Spider (item 260178219069 end time Nov-12-07 17:47:15 PST)

The dealer is reputable. I spoke to the gentleman, Bill Penny, while the auction was open, to ask him to get the engine number, to take pictures of the underside, trunk, and inner and outer rockers, run a compression check, and to run a magnet over the body to check for bondo. He agreed to do this, and did nothing. So, I did not consider bidding.

He told me that he wanted $25,000-26,000 for the car, which I felt was too much money with the wrong engine in the car. But that is just my opinion. He doesn't know anything about the history of the car; and did not do anything to help the potential buyers.

In my opinion, what I asked for would have been needed to sell the car to anyone; but nothing was done.

For what it's worth.

Good holiday to you.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I'm not familiar with either the dealer or this particular car, but the incorrect engine does hurt the value of the car, and it will never be worth anywhere close to a comparable example with correct parts...

Best regards,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts