Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there: I've been shopping a GTV 2000 for a few months now. Although the white exterior/black interior wouldn't be my first choice, this car looks to be an excellent example in terms of mechanicals and paint/upholstery. For a non-Bobcor restoration, the price seems really high. I'd also be concerned about ride quality. What's this car worth?

I'm actually shopping for a reasonably intact, original daily driver with no interest in a top dollar concours car to see how I like the GTV -- given this is my first Alfa

Thanks for any guidance. Wayne

eBay Motors: Alfa Romeo : GTV 2000 (item 180175151413 end time Nov-06-07 16:24:59 PST)

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
He's got a pretty stiff BIN price. Obviously due to the added clover leaf and stripes on the hood and trunk:cool:. In all seriousness, all (most?) cars look good in photos. You need to look at them. I'd be concerned about getting that added crap above off. I see a ripple on the interior door panel, 4 lug nut changer :confused: I don't know what that's there, undercarriage doesn't look detailed (straps are worn, calipers not painted, rust hole in exhaust, looks like the exhaust was painted, bla, bla, bla.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Judging by the pictures and all I'd say it looks ok. See if he'll tell you who the California owner was and contact them.

What about this car? It's only 12K and looks as nice as the ebay car. It might even still be available.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-cars-sale-wanted/48504-1972-alfa-gtv-sale.html

Whatever you do, take your time and make sure you get a good car. There are lot's of GTV's out there and there are always a few good ones on the market -especially these days with $20K plus cars being common.

Yes, you must go look at a car before you buy it, with someone who knows Alfas is even better.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Welcome Wayne, i'm sure you will be able to find an excellent gtv if you're a bit patient. first of all where are you? If you're in california there are quite a few good cars around. I would try all the surrounding area craigslists and go and look/drive a few cars. there are often good gtv's on this board from fellow bb'ers.
good luck

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I would wager than the car is owned by John Weinberger of Continental Autosports. Continental typically has very nice cars, although thier vintage Alfa prices sometimes seem a reach. You can trust the car to be as advertised.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Wayne...while this is a lot of money, if you did all of this work to any GTV, assuming that you did not cut any corners, the cost would be far greater than $32k. You should at least drive the car so that you have a bench mark to compare to other GTV's that you'll come across. I've got a near twin to this car and just love it.

Hi there: I've been shopping a GTV 2000 for a few months now. Although the white exterior/black interior wouldn't be my first choice, this car looks to be an excellent example in terms of mechanicals and paint/upholstery. For a non-Bobcor restoration, the price seems really high. I'd also be concerned about ride quality. What's this car worth?

I'm actually shopping for a reasonably intact, original daily driver with no interest in a top dollar concours car to see how I like the GTV -- given this is my first Alfa

Thanks for any guidance. Wayne

eBay Motors: Alfa Romeo : GTV 2000 (item 180175151413 end time Nov-06-07 16:24:59 PST)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts