Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase a euro air box like the one pictured.

Sorry for the confusion on the other post titled: WTB: Euro Intake, I received multiple offers for the aluminum intake manifold between the carbs and the head. I do not need one of those.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Bryan,

Although I don't have one to offer you, didn't Centerline once offer beautifully restored Euro airbox conversion kits? FYI, they came in at least two versions, with a long or short 'snout'. They appear on Italian eBay from time to time, but the dollar is taking a pounding against the euro at the moment.

Good luck,

Alex.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bryan,

Although I don't have one to offer you, didn't Centerline once offer beautifully restored Euro airbox conversion kits? FYI, they came in at least two versions, with a long or short 'snout'. They appear on Italian eBay from time to time, but the dollar is taking a pounding against the euro at the moment.

Good luck,

Alex.
I looked through there catalog but can't seem to find just and air box. they sell a carb conversion for close to $2000, but I don't need that. Maybe Joe will chime in.

·
Premium Member
14,316 Posts
They pop up on ebay fairly regularly. Or you could contact the European parts guys. Classic Alfa, Alfaholics & Highwood Alfa all have used parts. I bought one from Chris Sweetapple at Highwood. Or Alfa1750 on ebay may be able to help. He is in Italy and he sells Webers.
Good luck.
Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
2 x 88 Verde's

·
Supporting Vendor
4,406 Posts
I looked through there catalog but can't seem to find just and air box. they sell a carb conversion for close to $2000, but I don't need that. Maybe Joe will chime in.
Every year we do recondition a batch of the 10-20 Euro air cleaner assemblies. We bead blast both parts, then powdercoat the "can section" and machine new end caps and straps, which are invariably missing or damaged from the used units we source from Europe. They are not in the catalog as we can't assure a consistent supply of them.

Right now I think we have 1 or 2 left from our last batch.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts