Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy or rent, or borrow the 24 valve cam locks, and belt tensioner tool to evaluate the 24 valve engine I have. I will be pulling the heads to take a look see and do some evaluation as to the rebuild.

Does anyone have a set of cam locks and a belt tensioner that they want to sell or rent or loan me so that I can get this back together once I am done? I am in Rochester NY and can arrange for insured UPS Pu and return.

Thanks in advance. If anyone is in or around Rochester I'd love to have them stop in and lend a hand. It's inside at my shop and I have room to work.

Marcus

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Look for cam locks on Ebay as they do come up for sale now and then. Lots of bidders so be prepared. Occasionally, you can find the factory tensioner tools on Ebay but few and far between. I would hook up with a shop and see if you can work in the shop for a fee and use their tools. If you get in a bind, you at least have someone looking over your shoulder.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I just bought some 24v cam locks off Ebay for $80! Keep your eyes open.

·
Premium Member
9,873 Posts
I would like to buy or rent, or borrow the 24 valve cam locks, and belt tensioner tool to evaluate the 24 valve engine I have. I will be pulling the heads to take a look see and do some evaluation as to the rebuild.

Does anyone have a set of cam locks and a belt tensioner that they want to sell or rent or loan me so that I can get this back together once I am done? I am in Rochester NY and can arrange for insured UPS Pu and return.

Thanks in advance. If anyone is in or around Rochester I'd love to have them stop in and lend a hand. It's inside at my shop and I have room to work.

Marcus
I have 2 sets of 24V tool Belt kits coming in. Let me know if you want one.
Everything you need to do timing belt and serp. belt
I can also rent them out as well.
Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts