Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 89 Graduate is missing the brass restrictor goodie in the water bypass hose between the water pump and the intake manifold; Centerline says they are NLA. Anyone got one for sale? Thanks

Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
My 89 Graduate is missing the brass restrictor goodie in the water bypass hose between the water pump and the intake manifold; Centerline says they are NLA. Anyone got one for sale? Thanks

Andrew
Is it the same as a Spica? Got a picture? I've got a couple of those doohickies but I'm not sure what car they fit.

Bill

·
Premium Member
22,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a pic because I don't have the restrictor. I can imagine it's same as Spica, but I don't know. Can anyone help?
Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
I just checked and I've got 3 different sizes. The Spica one is 1.1" OD and .23" ID. There is another in a bag with a part # 0723700 that is 1.45" OD and .7" ID with some nipples in the OD to secure it in the hose. The third is also a 1.45 OD with a .68 ID but also has a 1.62" lip on the outside instead of the nipples.

Bill

·
Premium Member
22,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're the new expert on these. If someone chimes in, maybe we'll know more on application.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
While we're asking questions, does anybody know if the bypass hose on a european carbed manifold uses a restrictor?

Bill

·
Registered
492 Posts
Can you enlighten me on what the restrictor does and in which models it is included (I have a '91 Spider and just bought a new bypass hose, so should I look in the old one for some sort of restrictor before discarding it)?

·
Premium Member
14,550 Posts
Hi Bill:
I had a 1970 spider that was Euro Spec and originally delivered to Canada. It had a bypass hose restrictor (and Solex carbs).
Ed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts