Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In rebuilding the boosters on his 69 GTV, a fellow Alfista discovered that a plastic part is needed that is not in the rebuild kits. The part is the perforated plastic bit between the spring and cup seal (circled in pic below). If anyone has this part, please let me know as the vehicle is currently off the road because of it.

Thanks all!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Hello PAPAJAM, this problem part seems to be a common issue on these Bonaldis. Do you know if these boosters were used on other makes of cars of that era? I also, wonder where some of the new manufactured units offered by the UK suppliers come from? could there be a source for some of these parts in Europe?

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,030 Posts
Booster woes

I just indented for two new boosters and they came stamped with Bosch. Had to sell my firstborn (who ate too much anyway) for therm. Before that it was Benditalia and the originals were Bonaldi. I've rebuilt several boosters always with modest to poor results even with all the parts. I have 6 old cores now, four of which are dismantled, cleaned and stored. I'm not back home for another week. If you cannot find it by then, I can peruse my inventory. I recall the part and recall that it does not come in the kits I've had; none of the plastic parts did. I hope your rebuild is successful. Does anybody have an operating description of how the booster works? I've never been able to get the metal "plunger" out of the barrel that the small pentagional diaphram control unit finger pushes against. Is there something to replace down that side barrel? Regards and best of luck,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts