Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Were those ever fitted to an Alfetta? As far as I know (which means nothing) they were only fitted to the 6.

I don't have a complete engine (sold the carbs months ago), but I do have the block and the heads for it. I'm guessing block is not unique to the carbs version, pistons might be, but the heads definitely are.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I have one in Portland OR. keeping the trannie though. Call me at 503-267-2800
Robert
PS, handy that you are on te train line, its pretty easy to ship an engine via amtrak

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm inconveniently located in Holland... so shipping would probably be ridiculously expensive. These are the heads:

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Yuri - are these the same as the original South African 3.0 litre GTV6 heads, with the six little Dellorto carbs? A project might be happening soon, but I need to educate myself about the differences from the standard 2.5 heads.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yuri - are these the same as the original South African 3.0 litre GTV6 heads, with the six little Dellorto carbs? A project might be happening soon, but I need to educate myself about the differences from the standard 2.5 heads.
The heads I have here came from a Sei (6), which does have the six single DellÓrto FRPA40 carbs. I honestly couldn't tell you what heads were on the SA 3.0's - one would imagine that they are at least the same main casting because of the similar carb setup, but not even that I know for a fact. And then again, it IS Alfa, so anything's possible and reason and logic count for nothing. :laugh:

·
Richard Jemison
7,370 Posts
Sei heads

The Sei heads are a totally different casting than any of the early FI heads.
The heads have far better flow by design than the FI heads, but have less space than the other V6 12V heads for high lift cams, even with smaller BCs used on the cams. Similar issues, just not as bad exist on the later V6 12V motors.

As for the Delorto carbs they are very poor from a performance view. Lots of internal obstruction.

Heads will fit later 2.5 or 3.0 blocks however the oiling bung for the head will have to be replaced in the later blocks with the early version.

My GTV6 GT2 car ran a 3.0 V6 with 2.5 Sei heads ported to 1.75 with opened seats and 1mm larger valves. Carbs were three 50 DCOEs (48mm DCOEs bored, and 50mm butterflies) on custom intakes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts